Looking for a laptop

I'm looking for a laptop, for an upgrade to my current laptop (Lenovo G50-80).

The new laptop should preferably be portable (between 11" - 13" screen size), current laptop was a bit too big (15") and I dropped it as I carry the laptop around often, I rarely use the disc drive. Would prefer around at least 5 hours battery life, 10 hours would be really good. My current laptop only lasts about 2-3 hours.

I don't mind about the storage and memory specs as I have the Samsung 850 Evo SSD and 12GB memory that I can move over, so the new laptop needs to have upgradable storage and memory.

The new laptop is for mostly for a processor and battery life upgrade, and my current laptop is broken. The LCD screen and hinge are broken as I have dropped it, and the puppy has been chewing on it around the keyboard area.

I would be buying the laptop around Christmas so there would be better offers. My budget for a laptop would be around £200 to £250. Would be using it for Microsoft Office (for my student work) and gaming (mostly games such as Minecraft, Stardew Valley, The Sims).

Last edited:

michael8721

Gees how long is a piece of string. :)
first thing though is you're not giving yourself to much of a budget, have you thought of perhaps revising that???

Michael

Agent Smith

You really don't need the latest and greatest. And with the way laptops are built now you almost have to shell out at least $800 for a good decent machine. You can get a nice used Dell Latitude on eBay with an i5 or i7 CPU. Be sure to get one with a SSD. You could always add a good solid SSD yourself and install Windows 7. I mention a Latitude because these were well built computers meant for business usage. About the battery. I don't think you'll get 5 to 10 hours. But extra batteries sold on eBay aren't that expensive. Just make sure you buy a good quality battery and it's meant for the specific Latitude you buy.