Looking for a new card

cyras21

I'm looking to get a new video card. I currently have the ATI 9000 and FarCry is looking up throughout most of the game. I'd like to get a card that could last me a few years. I'm not interested in a TV tuner in/out, just good graphics for gaming. Also, I'd like to stay as close to $200 but there is a lil leeway. I've been looking at the ATI x700 and the 9800 pro. What do you suggest?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Since you have an AGP board you can't get an x700 its PCIe only right now. 9800pros were ok, try looking at a 6600GT AGP

crimsonnblue

Hey I got one

Its a 9600 ati 256mb sapphire atlantis, It runs doom3 and HL2, I also play farcry but far cry is a bit more demanding that doom3 or HL2. If You want to buy it from me for $50 obo. E-mail me. Im surprised the 9000 would play far cry. Also, what kind of computer do you have because it would help if you have a performing cpu and ram.

[email protected]

cyras21

I'm upgrading my current computer. upgrading the mobo, cpu, video card, and memory. Just trying to get the most out of my money. I'd like to keep what I get for a couple of years.