Looking for a new Computer

Danda

Member
Hello, names Danda. I New here, and I was hopeing someone could help me withe a problem.

My desktop computer is atleast 5-6 years old, and it wont work properly anymore. I went to the tech to get it fixed but he said that I have to find like 700$ worth of new parts... So I thought to myself 'I might as well buy a new computer'

Yes I am a Gamer, but I also would like to do my work on it. I am Somewhat new to building a computer but not skilled enough. I was wondering what is a Good Pre-assembled Gaming computer that is within the price Range of $500-$700. Im on a Budget here(Thanks to the Damn market).

Most of the Games I play is Call of Duty 4, Team Fortress 2, World of Warcraft, and Half-Life 2. Most of these games that I play get laggy with my computer, I just want them to run smoothly. WoW Usually runs like at 5-20 FPS if I get lucky. Same with Team Fortress

I appreciate the help! Thanks for reading!

-Danda :D
 
E8300, 2gb ram, 500gb HDD, vista computer - 499.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227073
8800gt- 119.99 before 20 MIR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121263
antec earthwatts 500 -59.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371007

total with shipping before rebates 699.96
total after rebates 679.96

you will need to replace the power supply, insert the graphics card and install graphics driver, but none of these are that difficult. if you have questions on how to do this just ask.

or you could get this graphics card instead(8600gt):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125070

you wont get the nearly the same performance as the first but you can drop replacing the power supply and save about $100. you'll be able to play those games at medium+ settings smoothly whereas you can play at max settings with the previous build.

note: generally speaking, computer companies way overcharge for a decent graphics card, which most of the time determines how well games run. so you're best bet to get a decent gaming computer without a lot of work is to take a prebuilt and add the graphics card yourself(and sometimes a power supply because they put cheap ones in prebuilts)
 
E8300, 2gb ram, 500gb HDD, vista computer - 499.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227073
8800gt- 119.99 before 20 MIR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121263
antec earthwatts 500 -59.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371007

total with shipping before rebates 699.96
total after rebates 679.96

you will need to replace the power supply, insert the graphics card and install graphics driver, but none of these are that difficult. if you have questions on how to do this just ask.

or you could get this graphics card instead(8600gt):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125070

you wont get the nearly the same performance as the first but you can drop replacing the power supply and save about $100. you'll be able to play those games at medium+ settings smoothly whereas you can play at max settings with the previous build.

note: generally speaking, computer companies way overcharge for a decent graphics card, which most of the time determines how well games run. so you're best bet to get a decent gaming computer without a lot of work is to take a prebuilt and add the graphics card yourself(and sometimes a power supply because they put cheap ones in prebuilts)


So get a computer that has 2 Gig of Ram, 500GB of Hard Drive and replace the graphics card and Power supply? Seems easy enough. But there are no Computers out there that can come already pre-assembuld? This gets kinda complicated for me =/
 
Just build your own computer =]
its cheaper, and you know whats going into it. AND it is not hard at all, my 10 year old cousin built about 2 computers already, and is starting on his 3rd one
 
Just build your own computer =]
its cheaper, and you know whats going into it. AND it is not hard at all, my 10 year old cousin built about 2 computers already, and is starting on his 3rd one

Well again, I want to make sure I am getting the right parts. I know nothing on how to build a computer, except for Ram, hard Drive Space, graphics card, Motherboard, Power Supply, and a Tower. Alot fo people tell me that all Motherboards and Rams (Etc Etc) are diffrent.

Kudos to your cousin btw.
 
Hmm... how about I put together a build for you? And if yes, do you need the assessories with it? (keyboard, mouse, monitor etc.) or just the tower itself?

Oh and AMD or Intel?
 
Hmm... how about I put together a build for you? And if yes, do you need the assessories with it? (keyboard, mouse, monitor etc.) or just the tower itself?

Oh and AMD or Intel?

Oh lovely you can? Sounds good! Just kinda rough draft it for me and see if thats what I like :D

No I just need a tower, I have a monitor and what not. But I would like a few flashy red lights on the computer for show :D
 
Hmm... how about I put together a build for you? And if yes, do you need the assessories with it? (keyboard, mouse, monitor etc.) or just the tower itself?

Oh and AMD or Intel?

Oh lovely you can? Sounds good! Just kinda rough draft it for me and see if thats what I like :D

No I just need a tower, I have a monitor and what not. But I would like a few flashy red lights on the computer for show :D

Intel plz
 
comming right up =] oh and are you into flashy led lights in your cases? or can you deal with a plain case
 
comming right up =] oh and are you into flashy led lights in your cases? or can you deal with a plain case

I dont mind Plain cases, but I would like to have some nice flashy lights. Thought I dont want it to where it bothers my eyes when I am working. Not too bright ya know?
 
got it =] but just to tell you, theres not many "good cases" With leds in it so i might have some trouble
 
case: Antec 900
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021
THESE TWO COME WITH A COMBO SAVING
PSU: Antec BP550 550W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371016

Memory: OCZ 4GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227248

DVD Burner: Lite-On Black
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106263

Video Card: SAPPHIRE HD 4850
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102747

Motherboard: BIOSTAR TForce P45
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138123
Both come in a COMBO deal
CPU (Processor): Intel Core 2 Duo Wolfdale E7200 2.53GHz
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115052

HDD: Seagate 250GB SATA
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148261

OS: Windows home Premium 64-Bit
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116488

$773.91 USD Before shipping + Taxes
$703.92 after 70$ MIR
 
Last edited:


A bit expensive, but Ill Manage though the payment. Let me ask you; If you can build it for me, how long would it take? And if you build it, how much would you charge me? I really appreciate this! :D
 
It only takes me a few hours to build a computer, and I will do it for no charge. And once im done, ill probably ship it the same day im done, or the day after. And even though it is exspencive, this computer build is very good and will last you quite a long time, plus it is highly upgradable.

P.S. I am doing no charge because building computers is my hobby, and I don't know how much to charge XD
 
Last edited:
It only takes me a few hours to build a computer, and I will do it for no charge. And once im done, ill probably ship it the same day im done, or the day after. And even though it is exspencive, this computer build is very good and will last you quite a long time.

I really wish the cost could be a bit lower. As it is the Recession is getting me down a bit. Bill cost just a little more than usual is all. If you buy the parts is it ok if I send you the money to repay you back?

I really do Appreciate this! a friend of mine told me to go to www.cyberpowerpc.com and said that they got some good computers there. Not sure if I can trust websites =/
 
I could try to build you a cheaper system if you want? Just like you, the recession is killing me too, and personally, I cannot afford that system, I hope you understand :)
 
And if you want a cheaper system, you could go with AMD like me, their processors are cheaper, and are of good quality.
 
I could try to build you a cheaper system if you want? Just like you, the recession is killing me too, and personally, I cannot afford that system, I hope you understand :)
All good man. Trust me I know how you feel. Thank you for yoru help. Work is done for me im off the comp. Thank you soo much for your help. Ima keep the pages to see if someone can build me this. I appreciate this once again.

DAMN YOU RECESSION!
 
Back
Top