Looking for a new video card! in need of upgrade.

lowki

Hey there guys/gals! i'm looking for a new video/graphic card. I haven't bought one in 4 years. I would like to know how much of an improvement would it be compare to my old video card. The one i have is a HIS H775F1GD Radeon HD 7750
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007827196/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My computer specs are
Motherboard: ASrock H61M/U3S3
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Power supply : Corsair 750 WATTS
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 EVO

My question is will the newer gpu work on my old pc? Or is it better just to buy a new pc for the price? I'm looking to invest more into a video card this time. My budget is 75-125$ but i'm willing to invest more if its needed. So anything great with a price range, 200 dollars is my limit. I would prefer HIS, ICEQ Sapphire brand but any other type of video card would be considered. Looking for a change! hope to hear some great responses! Thanks for listening.

I'm looking to play video games such as Doom, Mafia 3, GTA5, Battlefield series! I understand newer games requirements are needed nowadays with newer generation of games. So i hope to hear your opinions on it :)

Last edited:

lowki

I appreciate the input. I heard that the Geforce gtx 1060 seem to be great with the price? Anyone know how it does? vs Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 470
I was looking at a Zotac Geforce gtx 1060 mini 3gb gddr5 but suggested i moved onto a 2 fan gpu if space isn't an issued. Which i'm strongly leaning towards for.

Laquer Head

I appreciate the input. I heard that the Geforce gtx 1060 seem to be great with the price? Anyone know how it does? vs Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 470
I was looking at a Zotac Geforce gtx 1060 mini 3gb gddr5 but suggested i moved onto a 2 fan gpu if space isn't an issued. Which i'm strongly leaning towards for.

If you going with a 1060, go with a dual fan version and go for the 6GB variant !

Gigabyte and EVGA have 6GB options for like $239.99usd or a few more bucks to $244 (after rebate) for a MSI Gaming X 1060 6GB

Last edited: