shunnymanaf

TL:DR I'm looking for a PSU with a -5V rail with the max output being:
+3.3V: >= 26A
+5V: >= 37A
+12V: >= 16A
-12V: >= 1A
-5V: >=0.8A
+5Vsb: >= 2.5A

I'm in a lab where many of the machines are old. One of those include a PC with an ISA board that is crucial to the measurement and is not replaceable. Recently, the PC started crashing and restarting quite frequently until it just became completely non-responsive. Taking out the power switch cable and directly short-circuiting it didn't power up the machine. Assuming that this is not a motherboard failure, I'm thinking of replacing the PSU first to see if it fixes the issue.

However, because we use the ISA board, I need a PSU with a -5V rail. It's quite an old pc (probably around 2002), so the output requirements are quite different from relatively modern ones.

Does anyone know where I can buy them?

beers

Staff member
(probably around 2002)
If it has ISA it's likely much older. Does it contain AT headers as opposed to ATX?
crucial to the measurement and is not replaceable
That just means nobody had bothered to update to a newer platform. I've been in a few orgs with relic style dependencies such as this, one even stockpiled fax cards off of ebay from 20+ years prior simply to refuse to pursue any other solution.

shunnymanaf

If it has ISA it's likely much older. Does it contain AT headers as opposed to ATX?

That just means nobody had bothered to update to a newer platform. I've been in a few orgs with relic style dependencies such as this, one even stockpiled fax cards off of ebay from 20+ years prior simply to refuse to pursue any other solution.
Thanks for the reply.

It has ATX headers. The motherboard is also ATX (of course).

Okay, well to be precise, it's replaceable if you have huge load of funds. The situation is that we don't have enough funds for that, which is why it's not replaceable in my lab. Looking for PSU with -5V rail is a much better solution, if it's available.