Looking for CPU, RAM, Graphics Card

Styleprojekt

Hello, anybody know where i could get the following parts for less than ebay?

-2GB DDR2 Ram (2X1GB or 4X512MB)
-ATI Radeon X800 XT Graphics Card
-Intel P4 3.6 GHZ 800Mhz

Thanks ;)

4W4K3

VIP Member
What will you be using the 2GB of RAM for? Just curious...it seems overkill for gaming and most apps, only a few things i know of can take advantage of hat much RAM.

Lax

VIP Member
Could be doing a lot of video editing or a lot of processor intensive stuff. Also I have a 2.6Ghz P4 and about a gig of PC2700 ram if you'd like that insted.

Styleprojekt

@4W4K3

I make amatuer movies, actually till now was only part in shooting them. Now i am assembling a PC and need big Ram for the Video editing, so i can edit and produce them, myself.... :D

Rambo

Well, less than eBay is hard to find, especially if you want them to work properly :p

I bought my whole computer off eBay, but I don't advise people doing this, because, 1) the components might not work, 2) if 1 applies, once you pay the seller can ignore you (for example, not reply to your emails). Even if you give them negative feedback, they still benefit.

Luckily, all my parts turned out OK :D But the problem I had was that I could only test them out on the 25th (xmas day). And I was buying them in October & November. This meant that they could have gone a left eBay in that time ,lol, or anything like that. But anyway, here I am blabbing on... (if you want to see the specs of my computer, look in my signature, amazing for £180).

The only place I could suggest that might be a tad cheaper is a Computer Fair, there a lots of these everywhere in your local area. You just have to look in the yellow pages or something similar to that. You'll be surprised how many you might find.....

Good luck mate, and happy videoing, lol!

4W4K3

VIP Member
Styleprojekt said:
@4W4K3

I make amatuer movies, actually till now was only part in shooting them. Now i am assembling a PC and need big Ram for the Video editing, so i can edit and produce them, myself.... :D

Ah Ok i was just curious. Alot of new gamers think 4GB of RAM will keep them up to speed for Doom3 lol. Video editing, creating, all that should do well on 2GB from what i know.

Styleprojekt

I bought all my stuff now on ebay, got it via second day air (call me crazy but i cant wait for new toys)
yeah, i heard that many try to overfeed their comp with Ram to get around buying a new Video Card, but for gaming i heard, and also bought, the Radeon X800 XT PE since it uses less memory than the Geforce 6800GT, it has built in memory i was told....