Looking for ddr4 16gb. Need to upgrade our servers

EdBille10

We are or I’m looking for 16gb ddr4 registered. I’m need to upgrade the RAM. I can only use 16 slots. Upgrading to 256gb on each machine

EdBille10

Not necessarily. The market well go back down. There’s price hike of $100 in a few weeks. I’m weeks late. Darn. Maybe someone can help me

Darren

Staff member
Not necessarily. The market well go back down. There’s price hike of $100 in a few weeks. I’m weeks late. Darn. Maybe someone can help me
RAM's expensive as hell right now and hasn't really started to go back down. Nothing you can really do about that as anything that's "cheap" will have already been snatched up. Prices have been high for a while.

EdBille10

I’m seeing that and I don’t like it grrrrrr. Maybe the genie will come by

RAM's expensive as hell right now and hasn't really started to go back down. Nothing you can really do about that as anything that's "cheap" will have already been snatched up. Prices have been high for a while.

beers

Staff member
Is this for a company? $100 is nothing if your upgrade is actually business impacting.

_Kyle_

How come the prices went up? Is it because of the mining craze?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
$100 is cool we can dig that. You have some?
His point is that if you're buying RAM for a business and the increased RAM capacity will be business impacting, dropping a few hundred $$ on RAM is worth it.

Darren

Staff member
Because of mining?
Because more and more devices are using RAM, thus an increase in demand for it across more devices and a decrease in supply for Desktop/Laptop RAM in particular. Tablets and phones being the primary cause for this.

_Kyle_

Because more and more devices are using RAM, thus an increase in demand for it across more devices and a decrease in supply for Desktop/Laptop RAM in particular. Tablets and phones being the primary cause for this.
Stupid phones and tablets. Come on, join the PC side.