looking for free media player

dmehling

I currently use Windows media player which I like quite a bit, but it doesn't quite do everything I would like. Can someone suggest another good media player that is free and works with Windows 7?

Concordedly

Winamp is a great music player. Most everyone I know uses it. Some people go the iTunes route but I hate it so for me, I just use WMP 11 but Winamp is the best next free alternative

gamblingman

VIP Member
player

I used to use Winamp also, I liked it. However I decided to kick it out during a cleanup a year ago. I just couldnt justify keeping a program I only used occasionally.

Note though I have XP, but it says that its Win7 compatible.

MacBook

banned
I love VLC, although Media Player Classic is great, especially if you have videos with out of sync audio, because it lets you set an audio offset to sync them back together.

Drenlin

The TDK one was good when I used it last...not sure how it is now.

Amarok is pretty awesome. It's not stable in windows yet but if you can find a build that works on your system it's amazing. It automatically wiki's the band you're listening to, and looks up the lyrics to the song.
http://amarok.kde.org/

Last edited:

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
I currently use Windows media player which I like quite a bit, but it doesn't quite do everything I would like. Can someone suggest another good media player that is free and works with Windows 7?

I am currently making one.It will be able to play 3 video file formats:

WMV
AVI
MPG

It not really something big I admit,but it is the first release on which I am working right now so when I finish it,I will post the link here so everyone can download it.:D

It is the version 0.1 so don't expect miracles lol.The next version will be better or at least I will make the service pack for the version 0.1 after I finish it.

Cheers!