Looking for good File Comparator program that works a network between different OS

johnnyb58

I have over 10,000 photos and I just mass copied them across the network to my newer Win7 64 bit computer. This was a couple of month ago and I just now realized that not all the photos were copied over even though I dragged the entire Photos Folder over the home network to the new location.

So after I moved the photos over, I started renaming and organizing them into folders so it’s going to be hell trying to find all the missing photos.

Years ago I used a program from Moon Software I believe that would compare all photos without regard to the name and list them as duplicates. That was on Win XP and I do not believe it will work on Win7 or across the network to a Vista 32 bit computer. I just looked for my old program and its not even available any more.

Does anybody know of something that will work across networks?

johnnyb58

update: I just looked at my old computer and found the program. It was actually call CloneMaster from SoftByte Labs. The web site says it does work on Win7 64 bit so I'm going to download it to see if it will work

OK I downloaded the newest version and paid my upgrade fee to activate it. Wow its just as I remember it and better. I'm very happy right now, but now I have my work cut out for me because I have a lot of duplicate files as well as missing files.

Last edited:

johnnyb58

I made a huge mistake.:eek: :(

I bought CloneMaster, but the program I really needed was SoftByteLabs Comparator.

I had both programs on my old computer but its been so long that I forgot that there was two programs. CloneMaster was the first thing that pooped up because the only time I ever used Comparator was when I was coping files to a new computer.

Both are good programs and I will use CloneMaster more than Comparator, but Comparator does look for duplicate files although I think its only by name.