looking for quiet case fans

mistersprinkles

Looking for 3 140mm fans for my Antec P100 case. I want static pressure for 2 and airflow for the third... and very low noise! I will be running these fans at 12V off molex. I want the best combination of silence and CFM.
Suggestions? Price doesn't matter but prefer cheaper.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Nah. too expensive, could be quieter. I have 2 NFP14 on it right now at 12V too loud by far.
You can look up and see be quiet! fans. They claim to have fans that are virtually inaudible. Not sure if they're for 120mm or 140mm. I doubt they're cheap though.

The VCR King

Awhile ago I replaced my case fans with AeroCool shark fans., definitely the quietest fans I've ever had, check them out,.

Check the decibels in the ads. I don't think there is anything like a quiet case fan. I've never been able to find one. The ads are deceptive.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Check the decibels in the ads. I don't think there is anything like a quiet case fan. I've never been able to find one. The ads are deceptive.
Where did you look? Rather than just looking at manufacturer numbers, check for reviews. Multiple reviews and cross reference them to pick out the common talking points between the reviews.

Laquer Head

I heard those magnetic levitation fans are silent, but never tried them.. expensive too!

I use Noctuas and Corsair silent edition/high airflow and they are all quiet..

I only use Noctuas fans throughout my entire case, and I have a total of 5 case fans installed within my "Coolmaster Cosmos S" case, in fact I have 6 if you count the fan on the CPU heat Sync, which is from the Thermalright range, can't remember the exact model I went with, but I added an optional 140mm Noctuas fan to the sync witch takes the total number of fans within my case to 6 and they are all Noctuas fans, aside from the 2 additional fans that run on my GPU been a Radeon HD 7870, where the 2 fans built on the card are both as standard, then whatever standard fan is in the PSU is also standard, so thats a total of 9 fans running in my PC, and its near silent, and thats because NOCTUAS FANS ARE THE BEST!!