Looking for video card

Compequip

Nice little build, I'd agree with John. A Corsair 600M is a good PSU, but the Manufacturer of the GPU card recommends a 750 watt PSU. Also note this GPU is a very good card, however people are reporting that it's a little loud and runs hot. You can also opt. for a GPU like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125471 for the same price and similar performance. I'm not an AMD or Nvidia buff i.e. I don't favor one or the other. I have just built, rebuilt or been involved in 6 comp. over the past 6 weeks and 3 have AMD and 3 have Nvidia. In all fairness 2 of the Nvidia builds we had put in the new amd cards R9 270 series and one was DOA and the other had flickering issues. After messing around and trying to get to work we replaced with the Nvidia GTX 770 and no issues. Just my .02........

jimt91

Oops i linked that because i was going to get it, but its never in stock... And i already have that power supply on order, do you think there is a way to cancel it from newegg? I just ordered it yesterday.

And is that card you linked above better or worse than the one i already linked that isnt currently in stock? Im new to all of this and dont have a pc(this will be my first ever build) and i just want to make sure i have no regrets when it's all done.

Last edited:

jimt91

Hmmm idk why it works for me, but heres what it's called....
EVGA 03G-P4-2883-KR GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card

jimt91

"minimum of 42 amps on the +12 volt rail" yeah i saw that, but I'm not exactly sure what that means, does the psu have that? I don't know how to tell.

Also what is the Ti? Excuse my newbishness hah this stuff is like another language to me, but i'm learning.

Jiniix

The Ti means it's better than the non-Ti. The Ti has around 25% more CUDA cores and a higher clock rate as far as I know. Which is good.
Doesn't mean 25% better, btw. But certainly a better card. Better than the Titan for gaming, unless you crank it up for 4K or above. And the Titan is $1000.

Compequip

Yes, Ti is better version of the card. The GTX 780 by itself is a very good card. As for the PSU, yes it has 46A on the 12V rail. I just bought this same PSU for a build I did for work. I'll be putting it together this week or weekend.

overclockr

there was a cheap one dealnews had on black friday. $10 after rebate radeon hd 6450 1gb gddr3 ram. worked great for me ( see my signature ) 300fps minecraft with overclocking with amd control center catalyst

Jiniix

there was a cheap one dealnews had on black friday. $10 after rebate radeon hd 6450 1gb gddr3 ram. worked great for me ( see my signature ) 300fps minecraft with overclocking with amd control center catalyst

*Maximum Over-Troll Engaged*
Are you running it at 800x640? Because a 6450 will barely even run World of Warcraft on low settings at 1280x1024 :D

overclockr

*Maximum Over-Troll Engaged*
Are you running it at 800x640? Because a 6450 will barely even run World of Warcraft on low settings at 1280x1024 :D

nope, im runnning at max resoloution normal render. also my hdd is very fast, so i think that is a part of it too. that is a datacenter hdd.

Last edited: