Looking to buy I7-7700k processor, have a few questions.

Eric

Well my current computer just isn't keeping up, so I wanted to pretty much start from scratch and build a new gaming PC. I should state that I am pretty computer savvy when it's on and running, but know nothing about computer parts. So one of my questions is what's a good motherboard for this processor? I'm not much of a PC gamer but I play a few games(csgo,h1z1,arma3) and would like the computer to run good for the next few years. Also, I know over the processor is a little fan, what sort of fan would I need to put over the processor? And will that fan work with the motherboard? Also I would need to know what type of ram sticks I could have on the board? I'm a total mess when it comes to things like this. Thanks for the help!

Deadpool

RAM DDR4 288 pin. Preferably 16Gb. Most CPUs come with CPU coolers (yeah that's how it's called :eek:), the K versions from Intel do not. Id recommend you getting a Cryorig H7. The best for the money right now.

Any Z270 motherboard will do.

You may want to add a video card too. That will depend a lot on the money you want to spend on it but give us a budget and we can make a part list for you with everything you need.

Eric

RAM DDR4 288 pin. Preferably 16Gb. Most CPUs come with CPU coolers (yeah that's how it's called :eek:), the K versions from Intel do not. Id recommend you getting a Cryorig H7. The best for the money right now.

Any Z270 motherboard will do.

You may want to add a video card too. That will depend a lot on the money you want to spend on it but give us a budget and we can make a part list for you with everything you need.
I guess in total with the i7 7700 processor included I could spend $600-$700?

Deadpool

Thank you for your help man! Those links you provided me really helped.

You can modify them if you want to. The Case is really just a parametric choice Pcpartpicker does automatically based on the lowest price. You should just get one that you like. Generally NZXT, Phanteeks and Thermaltake make sick (and relatively cheap) cases.