Looking to buy

Aastii

VIP Member
Quick next question, what should i be looking for in a lens for landscapes? I have a friend in SA and we have been sharing pictures of places near us. I would like to send her some better photos when i get my camera

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
For landscapes you want the widest lens possible I believe. The 18-55 kit lens which comes with the D-SLR should be fine for landscapes (18mm is relatively wide - the lower the mm number, the wider the lens is).

Aastii

VIP Member
Grand, i may get the camera at the end of the month and the second lens at the end of April in that case. The card + bag are cheap enough so should be able to get those too

Aastii

VIP Member
Excellent. Which D-SLR are you looking at now then? New or used?

I will see what is available come the end of the month, but if i can pick up a 30D for a similar price to the one posted previously, it will be that.

Aastii

VIP Member
It arrived today!!

I haven't got to open up with it yet, I took a few shots around the house and realised how damn far out of my depth I am right now :p

There are so many buttons and doodads, it is hard to tell what is what. I am just thrown it all on auto at the moment, and whilst I am sure the quality of the photography sucks, the quality of the picture is incredible.

I may go on a camera walk tomorrow. I live right around the corner from a cemetery, it is very peaceful and even with it being so cold and the trees bare, pretty, so I may see if I can do anything out there.

spirit

Staff member
Excellent! Enjoy shooting with it! As you get used to it, you'll learn all the controls and stuff. :D