Looking to monitor my bro’s activity on PC

torman009

Hi everyone, i have been using Mac for a while, but now have installed xp on that. My younger brother is using it now……but since he has his exams coming up….I want to have a software installed on that will restrict him from going on unwanted sites and can monitor the moves on the pc. In total I need a spy for the pc that will help me monitoring him. Does XP have a tool of such kind…..or if you know any other ones that are good. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

GameMaster

Damn, before you guys answer to it, search for threads like:
Parental Control
Keyloggers
PC spy

and then think about answering. Every such topic got closed, some members received an infraction.

Steelshivan

If your brother is old enough to take exams at all, my opinion is to just leave him be. He's your brother, not your son. In the unlikely chance he brings unwanted spyware, etc onto your system, it can be gotten rid of easily enough. Just my 2 cents.

G25r8cer

So, you want to spank your brother for the things he does online…..I guess that’s just the benefits of being older…but if you are really interested from the exam point of view I think you need to have the one that my cousin uses on his XP. This software helps him to monitor the use of pc. Its a great parental control software that not only monitors and restricts the user but also records emails and attachments.

Hope that this will help to solve the problem.

And yet people keep replying to a topic thats going to be closed. (People receiving infractions now)

denverbronco26

Would one of these work for use on a guest account on windows xp? or a limited access account? My stepbrothers use my computer and download stupid games and stuff and i want to limit their activity

cohen

Would one of these work for use on a guest account on windows xp? or a limited access account? My stepbrothers use my computer and download stupid games and stuff and i want to limit their activity

Well you can stop them from installing things, that is a limited account.

But do a google search for parental software or a forum thread search, there have been many on this sort of topic.

fortyways

banned
Parental control software isn't illegal you no good buncha kids. I hope all your parents install some and see you smarting off here and spank you and take away your toys.

cohen

Trust!

Parental control software isn't illegal you no good buncha kids. I hope all your parents install some and see you smarting off here and spank you and take away your toys.

thanks - but there is a thing called "TRUST"!

G25r8cer

Too bad I own my own Computer and I know way too much for them too be successful with it! LOL

tlarkin

VIP Member
Too bad I own my own Computer and I know way too much for them too be successful with it! LOL

That is too bad you own your own computer, and that is why your internet usage is unrestricted....

As far as the topic goes. There is nothing illegal about parental controls on a computer, and in fact I would encourage parents to use them. I am starting to hate the fact that we are trying to become one bit giant nanny state in many countries. Take some responsibility for yourself and for your freaking kids. It is never going to be the internet's fault for your kids messing up or being retarded or breaking the law. Myspace, is a great place to find criminals, and the police are using it more and more every day to bust people who do retarded crap and then post it online for the world to see. Then, their parents want to blame the internet, public schools, rap/metal/emo music, or video games because their precious angel did something stupid and got caught on the internet.

To the OP, he is your brother not your son, if you were my brother and did that I would disable your whole network.

cohen

Same

Your parents own you and everything you think is yours.

hhhmmm true

^^ Im 17 and responsible!! Dang take it easy

Well parents are suppose to trust us.

I know to much about computers, my dad knows a bit but, i know more then he does! My brother knows some, but everything that happens to his computer or my sisters computer comes through me! I'm known as the computer man at my house and also at school! :D:)

G25r8cer

^^ Same here. As soon as my parents would figure out how to install the software I would have bypassed it. Nearly anything is bypassable!!!

cohen

^^ Same here. As soon as my parents would figure out how to install the software I would have bypassed it. Nearly anything is bypassable!!!

Totally agree, but if my parents want to get into my computer, they have find out my password and only a freind of mine knows that! :D

G25r8cer

^^ Same here Only one of my friends knows my password and I also have a password on Firefox. LOL So its safe to say their not getting in but, either way I have nothing to hide.

fortyways

banned
Your parents can legally take away your computer and sell it on craigslist, then use the money to treat themselves to a nice night out at a fancy restaurant for a break from supporting their kid all the time.

Then they can come home and spank you and take the rest of your toys away.

Let's see you bypass that.