lost files

freeon

recently while working on my laptop screen went blue and message appeared(windows has shut down due to a critical error to avoide damaging your computer ..........)after it restarted with no problem.then a few days later i noticed that a folder with all my pictures was gone.i tryed a couple of file recovery programs and it just seems to retreive deleted files.my question is what are my chances of ever finding my pictures again and any good programs to try.thanks in advanced

csi1189

If they are truely still there somewhere, you can just do a standard windows search with the criteria "*.jpg" (enter exactly what is in quotes), or substitute whatever other image file types you want to search for (gif, bmp, etc..). oh , and be sure to check the box to include searching in all subfolders, and hidden folers as well. hope your search goes well.

freeon

tryed it and no luck.i wonder if i could recover some of them from my digital camera memory card

freeon

tryed that program any many other and for some reason the programs won't detect my camera.and i know the connection is good cause i can transfer pics from camera to computer

theboy

Try buying a card reader, instead of reading directly from the camera itself. I've noticed with my digital camera it has some issues with data transfer.

What type of camera & card are you using by chance?

And if you have tried everything you could always format then try to recover those lost files. Good luck man.

theboy

Well it would be also easier (in my perspective) to format the Media card, then try to do a file recovery on that. As long as you dont override the data. Hope that helps. Let us know.