Lost IP

The Astroman

Here's the thing: I wanna setup a Linux server, but for this I need to reroute incoming packets to port 80, right? Also, I changed my routers IP adress and I don't remember the IP I gave it. Is there an IP port scanner which will tell me my routers current IP?

The Astroman

Well... I scanned from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.255, but only 2 IP adresses came out alive: 192.168.1.3 (mine) and 192.168.1.1. I used to access my router by typing 192.168.1.1 in my internet explorer, but now when I type it in, is gives me a cannot show error, and the adress bar changes to http:///? 192.168.1.1.

The Astroman

Also, in my network connections, there are two connections: Connection Local Network 3 and Connection 1394. 1394 was deactivated, but my internet still worked, as well as all the other computers on my network. I activated it, my internet still works, but when I double click on the connection, it gives me a 0 sent 0 received AND under the Support tab, it has NO IP, nothing. I tried clicking on Repair the connection, but it says that TCP/IP has not been activated. I activate it, but still the same error! I tried giving it an IP adress (192.168.1.1), but it still has no IP adress. BTW, what should I put for DNS adresses?

P.S What is 1394? Modem, Router, or Wireless Access Point?

magicman

VIP Member
1394 is the codename for Firewire, so I assume you have a couple of Firwire ports. They do show themselves in the connections screen, strange to me since they're only like fast usb's. Oh well.

So that has nothing to do with you're network. If you still have the problem, does your router have an Ethernet port in the back, if so maybe a physical connection could get the computer to wake up and take notice... :D

The Astroman

I've got 2 PCs (I'll call them A and B, A is the main one and B the one I want to convert into a web server), a 5 port Switch, an ADSL modem and an access point.

The A PC is plugged into the switch.
The B PC is plugged into the switch.
The Access Point is plugged into the switch.
The Modem is plugged into the switch.

charles@pcfix

You need to factory reset your router. Unplug it find the reset button and hold in for 30 sec's. should reset to factory password.