Lost thread from Archives, Desktop covered and flickers.

Jibaku

A few days ago I was googling for information about a weird problem I'm having with my computer. I recently was infected with some very sinister spyware that took me a week to erradicate, but even though they seem to have been purged some problems still persist. One of the problems is that my desktop is covered by... something... white and flickering. It has a source code, but if I right click and select anything the computer freezes and crashes.

When I was googling for a fix to this I found an old thread from this forum that had dealt with the same:
http://www.computerforum.com/archive/index.php/t-950.html

However my computer refused to boot after that and for the last several days I've been working to get it to boot up again. Now that I've gotten it there, the old thread seems to have disappeared.

If anyone here has experience with this problem I would deeply appreciate any help you can offer.

Edit--

Note: I rushed through registering intending to update the details later but now don't find a place to make certain changes. If it matters to any potential advisers, I'm not a "computer noobie"; I'm somewhere above the casual user and beneath the techie pros.

Last edited:

Jibaku

Recently I had my C: drive reformatted and afterward forgot that the default security settings in IExplorer are moderate and needed to be raised again. I was googling for some lyrics to a song, went to a webpage with the lyrics and suddenly two installation icons appeared in my task bar. I could do nothing to stop them and within seconds two programs, "Virtual Bouncer" and "AdDestroyer" were deeply entrenched within my system. They seemed to have opened the door for other such programs, because more and more kept appearing out of nowhere after that at such speeds that AdAware and Spybot Destroyer were useless. Every time I used the aforementioned programs to scan and fix the problems, they did not disappear and were still there when I rescanned. I had to have someone help me remove them manually.

One of the malicious programs appeared a few hours after the initial attack and added icons to my desktop, favorites, start menu, as well as hijacked my desktop wallpaper. It added itself to my display settings so that it's webpage covered my regular wallpaper, as explained in the thread mentioned above.

It took me fully a week to get the system clean again. Thankfully, the thread above fixed the desktop. It was a simple fix, but extremely hard to find information on!

Now I just need to figure out why my sound stopped working during the infestation. :(

Last edited:

Verrona

The programs mite of deleted the drivers causing the hardware not 2 respond.

The answer is out there