Lots of problems with laptops?

Tech_Girl

I just read in another post that you can expect a lot of problems with laptops. Is this true? How do they compare problem-wise to a desktop? What are some common problems with laptops and how often do they happen? Thanks.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Tech_Girl said:
I just read in another post that you can expect a lot of problems with laptops. Is this true? How do they compare problem-wise to a desktop? What are some common problems with laptops and how often do they happen? Thanks.

...depends on what they mean by "problems". Some people consider battery life a problem, and the risk of dropping your laptop a problem. For the average user...3+ hr battery life is plenty, and a laptop bag will help with safe transportation. I'm on this old P3 laptop...and i'm lovin' it lmao. i don't know what they mean by "problems"...

Tech_Girl

Sorry, I'll clarify a little bit. When I said problems, I mean with the hardware and the durability of the laptop (for example a screen that scratches easily or letters that wear off on the keyboard).

4W4K3

VIP Member
Tech_Girl said:
Sorry, I'll clarify a little bit. When I said problems, I mean with the hardware and the durability of the laptop (for example a screen that scratches easily or letters that wear off on the keyboard).

never had eaither problem personally. If you get a warranty with your laptop then the screen and keyboard should be fine. Also a laptop bag or carrying case are best for when you travel. Usually a replacement screen costs alot, but with a warranty it's usually free.