loud rappid clicking noise

spread25

i have a compq presario sr1030nx and a loud rappid clicking noise and i think it is frome my hard drive or my 31/2 flopy drive and i would like to know why this is happing

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If its from the drives than its a physical defect/flaw and you should replace the part as soon as possible. I susepct it's a case fan chewing on a cable tho

Tapir

spread25 said:
its usaly when i try to open some programs or right after i turn on my computer

I came across this issue the other day in another forum. The problem was with the psu. It may also be the fan, or hard drive.

Tapir

Remove hard drive and start to see what happens. With case open you may be better able to ascertain where sound is coming from.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
do u think the woranty would cover it
Waste of time to claim warranty if it just happens to be a cable. All you have to do is move something about half-and-inch :D

spread25

Praetor said:
All you have to do is move something about half-and-inch :D

if i open the case it would void the warranty and if i get a begger problem i would have to pay everything out of my pocket $$$$

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
if I open the case it would void the warranty and if I get a begger problem I would have to pay everything out of my pocket $$$$
1. If you open the case carefully the sticker wont be ripped
2. Odds are nothing is actually wrong other than a fan clipping a cable (you can try to slant the case to see if that helps)
3. If uits still a problem... send it in :)