Low budget computer - $500-$600?

Dervie

New Member
I have $500-$600 in my Paypal account, and I can order from www.TigerDirect.ca ; I'm planning to build it. This is going to be my first DIY computers.

Main use:
• Gaming (3D if possible)
• Research (Homework etc.)
• Entertainment (Music and Videos, etc)
• Multitasking (Listening to music and playing games without minor lag)

Budget:
• $500-$600 CAN.

Available locations:
• www.TigerDirect.ca

Notes:
• I plan to use this computer for years
• I have a monitor, keyboard, and mouse
• I have an OS already, so exclude that
• I need every other part basically
 
Last edited:
Instead of that CPU and MoBo get this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.303838

Its a combo deal that comes out about $30 cheaper than linkin's. Its also a 3 core cpu instead of a dual and if you are lucky, on this MoBo, you have the chance of unlocking this CPU to 4 cores. It runs amazing! as well, a ton of people on this Forum use it.

Also, this MoBo runs DDR3 RAM, an upgrade from DDR2. So get this RAM if you'de like:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231134

or, if you don't mind spending the extra $40 you can get another 2Gigs

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277


Besides that, everything else Linkin listed is a good product.
 
Instead of that CPU and MoBo get this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.303838

Its a combo deal that comes out about $30 cheaper than linkin's. Its also a 3 core cpu instead of a dual and if you are lucky, on this MoBo, you have the chance of unlocking this CPU to 4 cores. It runs amazing! as well, a ton of people on this Forum use it.

Also, this MoBo runs DDR3 RAM, an upgrade from DDR2. So get this RAM if you'de like:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231134

or, if you don't mind spending the extra $40 you can get another 2Gigs

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277


Besides that, everything else Linkin listed is a good product.

(Newegg.ca, he lives in Canada)
 
FREE Shipping offer valid on orders over $100 with a weight of 20 lbs. or less
read the fine print the build will probably weight more than 20 pounds
 
The one you chose would just be 1x2GB, it only has 1 and does not run in dual channel. To go dual channel, you would have to have 2x1GB, which is the one I chose. 2GB in dual channel runs faster in comparison to 2GB in single channel.
 
That affects my performance greatly, or no?
Also, does it matter than I'm not staying at 2gb ram? I only have enough for 2gb RAM right now, so when I get more money, I'm planning to buy another 1x2GB.
 
Last edited:
That affects my performance greatly, or no?
Also, does it matter than I'm not staying at 2gb ram? I only have enough for 2gb RAM right now, so when I get more money, I'm planning to buy another 1x2GB.

Can you explain that? I don't quite understand you. 2GB is enough for a lot of games but not for some. What type of games are you planning to play?
 
If you plan to play anything newer (from 2007 onwards) you will need 4gb and other good components for smooth playing.

For example, when i had 4gb (before my RAM troubles started) Crysis would not lag if i quickly turned around ingame. with 2GB in dual channel, it does. but that's jsut crysis. The most improvement i noticed was loading times and a general increase in performance and system responsiveness.
 
Can you explain that? I don't quite understand you. 2GB is enough for a lot of games but not for some. What type of games are you planning to play?

Oh, I'm sorry I was on my phone when I was typing that. I was asking that, does Dual Channel affect my game performance greatly? I mean, I'm not planning to stay strictly at 2GB, I plan to go up to 6GB (2 more of the same RAM I'm planning to purchase, if that mattered). Games I plan to play are like Crysis, Left 4 Dead 2, Modern Warfare 2, World of Warcraft, etc.
 
Back
Top