Low CPU temperature problem

beers

Staff member
Which laptop do you have it in?

Have you ever cleaned out the dust from the heatsink or reapplied thermal paste?

RamDealer

I have cleaned it, replaces the fan, but never reaplied thermal paste. Any instructions on from where to buy paste and how to apply it? Also i want tl replace the pricessor, what are my options?

Laquer Head

You can grab a tube of arctic Silver 5 paste from a vendor like newegg.. probably about $8 usd maybe less!.

As for replacing the CPU, which one is in there now?

RamDealer

I dont mind a used processor, as long as its better. I believe the processor is the problem, or something else that is stopping the processor from working. Like the fact that I dont have a real graphical processor (M610 has nothing from the old useful nvidia inside, except the name), so everything is transferred to the central CPU with the so called "optimus" technology. I had better performance with my old desktop AMD Sempron, but with a real embedded nvidia chip. I dont think I have a slot for an external graphical card, CPU-Z shows Graphic Interface PCI expres, but I guess there is not external slot. The report from CPU-Z is in the attached file.

And what does this means, all threads are from the 2nd core, what is the first core doing?:
Processor 0
-- Core 0
-- Thread 0 0
-- Core 1
-- Thread 0 2

I dont need an SSD. My hard drive has 20MB/s transfer rate (not specification, but real).

Attachments

• ARAKEL-PC.txt
    44.1 KB · Views: 1

RamDealer

I reaplied thermal paste, but it does not seems to work. Maybe it will take some time for the paste to start working, because now my degrees are rising up to 70.
I think the paste is not good. It has this value for conductivity:
Heat condictivity: >0.965 W/M-K

I was thinking of using an arctic pad from the 2 options below?
Asus 1201PN THERMAL PAD
ARCTIC Thermal pad 50x50x1mm

Last edited:

Intel_man

VIP Member
Looking through the whole thread,

Tjunction is the max temp of the processor allowed at the die, not idle. When you say the temps are now rising to 70 degrees, is that at load or idle?

RamDealer

I couldnt find a solution by myself, so I am continuing the thread.

I do believe that there was some problem with the GPU, since for a while I was getting "new VGA adapter found", when I try to install the chipset drivers it fails. So probably the fan was set to maximum for some time in order to show me there is a problem and to prevent overheating. I am guessing a short circuit with the GPU or chipset?

Is there any way to fix it, should I buy an external fan control, do I need a cooler or is there some method of applying an iron on the current iron in order to increase the thermal conductivity?

Thank you for the help!