Low FPS In WoW and idk why

Everyone saying your HD is going to bottle neck you in game is lieing don't waste money on another HD, you might just have longer loading times. Once your in game your HD speed doesn't matter, especially with all that extra RAM.

In other words....a bottleneck :D....FAIL!

So were all liars now....nice :)
 
A couple of things:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151092

that is better than any of the PSUs posted so far. More A on the 12V rails and cheaper for what you get and is a very good PSU

and he is playing WoW, he doesn't need to spend money on a 5770 or 4890, I max it out on my 3870 with full AA and everything up and am at constant 60fps. I was in VOA 25 man (25 people in the same place at the same time all casting and doing stuff) and still sit constant 60 fps. My friend has a 9800gt that runs it on full no problems aswell, so you could probably actually go for a 9600gt and still get good fps on max settings.

And I would recomend a new HDD, even if it doesn't improve performance in game, which it won't other than when you enter/leave instances, battlegrounds or go to new areas, it will make the entire system run quicker. If you do get a new hard drive though, don't get the 500GB ones posted, you can keep the 1TB one already in there, you only need a small one to put programs that need the performance, the 1TB one can hold everything else like utilities, music, films, files etc

So, a NEW list:

Power Supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151092

Graphics card: Any of these will play it fine on full, depends how much you want to spend:

(lower price = lower performance, the gts 250 is quite a bit better than the 9800gt and just about better than the 2850, but you won't notice the difference in WoW)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500113

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102824

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814261057

Hard Drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136074

If they don't fit in your case, you don't have to spend silly amounts on a case just because it looks good, you can a get a $40 case and it will hold your components fine and keep them cool enough.

Any mATX or ATX or full tower case will fit all of that in, so if you have problems fitting them in, then just have a look for any of those on newegg or elsewhere
 
Hey thanks alot I love how the price keeps going down :)

It does...but dont forget as those prices are going down so is your performance;)

In all honesty...you could probably max wow on a 250 nvidia.....but like you said you would like to play some more demanding games and you wouldnt want to be dissapointed now would you?

id go for the 5770 or 4890...both are excellent choices.
 
Don't forget he might want to play some more demanding games than wow in the future. hence i recommended a 5770. now that i think about it what about a 5670?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150466&Tpk=xfx 5670

I'm guessing it will still max out WoW.

EDIT: Ignore the reviews... they obviously didn't do something right or got a dud card.

even though it doesn't perform as well as a 4850? The DX11 support is useless because it won't play DX11 games because it is too weak. It is like these morons that put 8500GTs in PCs on ebay and say "DX10 CARD, CAN PLAY THE LATEST GAMES" when anyone that knows the basics of video cards could tell you an 8500gt is a heap of junk for gaming.

It does...but dont forget as those prices are going down so is your performance;)

In all honesty...you could probably max wow on a 250 nvidia.....but like you said you would like to play some more demanding games and you wouldnt want to be dissapointed now would you?

id go for the 5770 or 4890...both are excellent choices.

4890 and 5770 are overkill. 4850, 3870, 8800gt, 9600GT, 9600GSO or 9800gt would be fine, theyw ill max out WoW with no problems and play any game out now on medium - max settings and will play any game in the foreseeable future too and will save a hell of alot of money for the initial purchase and then on power consumption
 
even though it doesn't perform as well as a 4850? The DX11 support is useless because it won't play DX11 games because it is too weak. It is like these morons that put 8500GTs in PCs on ebay and say "DX10 CARD, CAN PLAY THE LATEST GAMES" when anyone that knows the basics of video cards could tell you an 8500gt is a heap of junk for gaming.



4890 and 5770 are overkill. 4850, 3870, 8800gt, 9600GT, 9600GSO or 9800gt would be fine, theyw ill max out WoW with no problems and play any game out now on medium - max settings and will play any game in the foreseeable future too and will save a hell of alot of money for the initial purchase and then on power consumption

You just called the 5770 overkill, and you bash my suggestion on the 5670? :confused::confused::confused: What if WoW gets DX11? I'm just thinking ahead...
 
You just called the 5770 overkill, and you bash my suggestion on the 5670? :confused::confused::confused: What if WoW gets DX11? I'm just thinking ahead...

The 5770 IS overkill, and the 5670 is completely pointless, because as I said, it won't be able to run DX11 game well at all becase it is a low end card. If and when Blizzard implement DX11 into WoW, the 5670 won't be able to run it in DX11, unless at very low settings, and then I imagine it will probably scrape 20-30fps at best. When I was playing WoW on my 8600GT, which is the DX10 equivelant of what the 5670 is (by which I mean the first to support a new DX version), I had it on medium settings at 30fps and that was at DX9. When they did the big graphics update at wotlk I had to have it on medium settings with low shadows at 1280x1024 and was only getting 40fps in normal play, 15 or less in crowded areas like cities. He could alternatively get one of the cards I posted and have it at DX10 and looking and performing a hell of alot better and be cheaper
 
Last edited:
The 5770 IS overkill, and the 5670 is completely pointless, because as I said, it won't be able to run DX11 game well at all becase it is a low end card. If and when Blizzard implement DX11 into WoW, the 5670 won't be able to run it in DX11, unless at very low settings, and then I imagine it will probably scrape 20-30fps at best. When I was playing WoW on my 8600GT, which is the DX10 equivelant of what the 5670 is, I had it on medium settings at 30fps and that was at DX9. When they did the big graphics update at wotlk I had to have it on medium settings with low shadows at 1280x1024 and was only getting 40fps in normal play, 15 or less in crowded areas like cities. He could alternatively get one of the cards I posted and have it at DX10 and looking and performing a hell of alot better and be cheaper

i do agree with him in a way,5770 is good,But everyone seems to be wanting one so badly because its DX11....by the time games take advantage of DX11 this card wont be able to handle them nicely.

It was like when DX10 came out,i had a 8800GT which of course was DX10...yet you try running an 8800gt with crysis on medium settings DX10 at 1680x1050....your not going to get great framerates at all.

imo the OP is better off getting a High end DX10 card now....i dont think you will see much difference between DX10-DX11.
 
Just bought a xfx radeon hd 4850 for 100.69 at the local best buy. Im gonna put it in and if it dosent start i guess ill need a power supply lol
 
Ok had to buy a power supply lol but now I have the xfx Radeon hd 4850 which i paid 100.69 with tax. The power supply I bought was a rocket fish 550 watt which I paid 42.39 for with tax. Had them both installed in a couple of minutes with some help from a buddy and now im getting 60 fps everywhere exept when i went in a big city (Dalaran) and im getting 45 fps. :) I think I got a good deal. Total: 143.08

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150351&Tpk=xfx hd 4850

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketf...pply/9027938.p?id=1218011396273&skuId=9027938

Thanks for everyones help!
 
there was a reason nobody recomended brands like "rocket fish :confused:" and that is because low end PSUs = bad news.

It says 550W, it will probably put out 450 at the most constantly, probably less, and peak at 550W.

It will be made of cheap components that will end up blowing and taking out several components with it, probably your new 4850 ;). If you are lucky it won't but then you will have learned your lseeon, wasted $42 and have to pay a decent price for a decent PSU, like one of the ones listed.
 
Back
Top