Low fps

Wolf us

Help!! Hello I bought a new pc the specs are:

I5 7400 3GHz
Gtx 1060 3GB
DDR4 8GB

When I saw this bloc I thought it was a must I thought it could run everything but I just wanted to see how much fps I would get when playing minecraft so I started it up and only got 200 on other games like csgo I get 200 on low aswell while i see people have the same specs play 200 on ultra please someone help

_Kyle_

1. Check drivers
2. Make sure HDMI is plugged in GPU, not the motherboard
3. Is the power connector for the GPU plugged in

beers

Staff member
Why don't you turn it up to ultra then, csgo isn't very gpu dependent.

'only' 200 fps psch

Wolf us

1. Check drivers
2. Make sure HDMI is plugged in GPU, not the motherboard
3. Is the power connector for the GPU plugged in
I don't really get what u mean with power connector plugged in for the GPU? The only thing that is plugged into my gpu is the hdmi cable

beers

Staff member
I understand that 200fps is a lot but i bought this pic prebuilt and my brother bought it aswell and he around 500 fps
It's honestly just complaining at that point.

Run some real benchmarks like 3dmark and then compare to validate that your computer is providing the expected performance for the hardware it has.

Wolf us

It's honestly just complaining at that point.

Run some real benchmarks like 3dmark and then compare to validate that your computer is providing the expected performance for the hardware it has.
No it's not really complaining I paid 1000 euro for this pc and I want worth of my money my brother bought the same pc and he gets around 500 fps

beers

Staff member
I don't get 500 fps in CS:GO with my rig, which is substantially more powerful than yours. The game is capped at 300 anyway unless you remove fps_max. If you play matchmaking the server side is limited to 64 tick, you don't gain anything by "500 fps" vs 200, it's pointless.

As stated, run some other intensive benchmark that gives you real, actual figures using an exactingly repeatable formula/scene/rendering. Then you can compare objective data with specific statistics versus subjective hysteria.