Low physical score on Firestrike for stock 9700K?

So my physical score for my 9700K seems a bit low even for stock. Anyone run Firestrike with a 9700K? what results do you get? I am using a GTX 1080ti (stock) and 16GB of DDR4 3600Mhz RAM. System does run all my games and programs flawless just wondering why am missing out on my CPU peformance. I've seeing 8700K get 30FPS more on Physical score results.
Firestrike.png

OmniDyne

What are your temps at? Are you running MCE, or multi-core enhancement (Gigabyte calls it Enhanced Multi-Core Performance, or at least used to)

What are your temps at? Are you running MCE, or multi-core enhancement (Gigabyte calls it Enhanced Multi-Core Performance, or at least used to)
I am all stock so I don't know if MCE is enabled or disabled. I am using Default BIOS settings. My temps peak at 72c for a few seconds with EVGA CLC 240mm. Usually temps around 68c. For games like Assassins Creed Odyssey, Far Cry 5, Modern Warfare and Metal Gear Survive. Really depends on the game some games do not go passed 62c even after serveral hours.

My rig is in my signature. I need to add the CLC 240mm to it.

OmniDyne

I am all stock so I don't know if MCE is enabled or disabled.

I would check this in your bios, enable it, run tests, disable it, run tests. Default, for Gigabyte at least, seems to mean "on". MCE enables a default voltage and clock speed that all 9700Ks are, in theory, capable of operating at. This can be a good thing or a bad thing. If MCE keeps the processor at a voltage and frequency that's beyond what the chip is capable of, it can introduce instability. Running with MCE disabled ensures that the processor is running within Intel's spec and there's no nonsense involved.

MCE is pretty much an auto-overclocker, but not "officially". If your chip is capable of running higher clocks and voltages, you'll gain some performance with MCE on.

I would check this in your bios, enable it, run tests, disable it, run tests. Default, for Gigabyte at least, seems to mean "on". MCE enables a default voltage and clock speed that all 9700Ks are, in theory, capable of operating at. This can be a good thing or a bad thing. If MCE keeps the processor at a voltage and frequency that's beyond what the chip is capable of, it can introduce instability. Running with MCE disabled ensures that the processor is running within Intel's spec and there's no nonsense involved.

MCE is pretty much an auto-overclocker, but not "officially". If your chip is capable of running higher clocks and voltages, you'll gain some performance with MCE on.
Interesting. I'll take a look into it. Appreciate the information.

OmniDyne

Interesting. I'll take a look into it. Appreciate the information.

Oh, I forgot to mention that some motherboard manufacturers have more aggressive MCE than others. Multiple reviews from Gamers Nexus show that some boards with MCE enabled push far more voltage than is necessary and this will cause higher than normal temps. When you disable MCE I'd make sure to check temps, and check your voltages.

Oh, I forgot to mention that some motherboard manufacturers have more aggressive MCE than others. Multiple reviews from Gamers Nexus show that some boards with MCE enabled push far more voltage than is necessary and this will cause higher than normal temps. When you disable MCE I'd make sure to check temps, and check your voltages.
Sure will. I plan on looking more into MCE option today. Thanks