M.2 Boot Help

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Go into the bios and enable Hybrid Hard Disk support. Not sure if that will help or not. Also, do you see a Compatibility Support Mode? If so, enable it.

Laquer Head

Clearly upgrading to Ryzen is the only true solution.
I've actually considered it..but my heart can't do it.

Go into the bios and enable Hybrid Hard Disk support. Not sure if that will help or not. Also, do you see a Compatibility Support Mode? If so, enable it.
Yeah, I read about these things, this BIOS does not have either of these.

Only other thing I see is PC Nand Configuration on/off (neither setting does anything)

I think this board is just incapable of M.2 booting...unless its some drivers/software needed at windows setup.. I tried a OCZ/Toshiba NVME driver/installer but same results.

As mentioned, attempting anything in UEFI results in going to EFI Shell screen,,,and that's beyond my level of knowledge.

Intel_man

VIP Member
The EFI Shell screen shows up because the BIOS is set to boot from another disk that doesn't exist. Probably due to unplugging all the drives except the toshiba one. What you need to do once you've set up UEFI, is to plug in your Windows Creation Tool USB (Windows 10 installation USB), and boot to it and do a full clean install of Windows 10 to your Toshiba drive (with ONLY your toshiba drive being plugged into the mobo, don't have any thing else hooked up via SATA).

Laquer Head

I've tried this brother.. every time the shell come up, black screen, or post loop... I'm not crazy.. this shit isnt working. I really appreciate your help man, but this board and its BIOS are just basic junk!

Laquer Head

I can't set the BIOS to boot to M.2 cause it doesn't show up.

And nothing else is plugged in, i only re=connected RAID volume after trying a ton of other crap

Laquer Head

So I'm trying this one more time and there is nothing else connected and i installed the XG3 driver from ocz/toshiba with the fresh windows 10 install.. if this fails..screw it..im done..lol

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
To be honest, I've never liked MSI boards, always felt they were subpar along with Asrock and others. I've only used Asus and Gigabyte boards.

Laquer Head

To be honest, I've never liked MSI boards, always felt they were subpar along with Asrock and others. I've only used Asus and Gigabyte boards.
Fair enough, to each their own.I'm a big MSI fan... that being said, like all vendors they make some poop..

This board is leaning towards poop..