m2n32-sli deluxe wireless mobo problems

Sirius_GTO

Well, i installed all of the drivers of the wireless mobo and now every time i double click the WIFI icon it doesn't open. It says that the WLAN adapter isn't installed.

So I uninstalled the driver, reinstalled, uninstalled, reinstalled to no prevail. It still shows that it isn't installed. What could possibly be wrong?

This is really irritating me.

thanks

Sirius_GTO

really? hmmm how do you enable it?

because it is saying that it doesn't detect. which is pissing me off.

I'd double click on the wifi icon and it keep shutting down on me. thanks for any advice

p.s.

i browsed the content of the support cd and found the wifi driver, i installed it. and that's what happened. why?

thx a bunch, much love and respect.

Best

Archangel

VIP Member
You know how to get into the bios? because i think it would be in the önboard peripals" tab. and yes, i think its disabled by default, since not eveyone would use it i gues.

Sirius_GTO

hmmm i checked and there isn't anything in the BIOS that mentions the WiFi adapter... i looked everywhere. Am i doing something wrong? thx

Archangel

VIP Member
hmm... Maybe its not called Wifi in the Bios.. can you tell me what exacly you do see in the list of those onboard feat's?

Sirius_GTO

there are so many things in the bios.... do you know what category it would be under? would it be under advanced? thank you

Archangel

VIP Member
yes, i think it would be under advanced or something called onboard I/O, feat's or peripals

( as you can see, i dont know that board,... but ah well... we'll get there :) )

Sirius_GTO

Ok. I think I found what you are talking about.

Options are:
IDE function set up
SATA config
USB config
onboard 1394 controller, 1st nvidia lan, 2nd nvidia lan, LAN BOOT ROM
primary display adapter
HD audio
Front panel support type
silicon sata11 controller
serial port1 address
parallel port address
parallel port mode
x ecp mode use DMA

other options under advance were:

jumperfree config
AI NET2
PEG link mode
CPU config
Chipset
PCIPnP
Onboard device config (which is what I selected based on your previous post and which lead to the first set of lists :))

thanks

Archangel

VIP Member
hmm... the onboard device config doesnt seem to contain the Wifi adapter..

what is in the AI Net tab, in the PEG Link Mode tab and in the Chipset tab? those are the only other tabs i could immagine it beeing put in, and may

EDIT: maybe just post all the options of the bios in here :p at least we have a picture from what the bios looks like then ( but chipset would be the most likely candidate now.)

Oh,.. and is something from "onboard 1394 controller, 1st nvidia lan, 2nd nvidia lan, LAN BOOT ROM" disabled?

Sirius_GTO

yes. Lan BOOT ROM is disabled.

OK im reinstalling everything right now. Will post update later. probably a while hehe ;)

Sirius_GTO

under the chipset there was an option to enable the nvidia driver which i did.
i also enabled to lan boot rom thing. ill see what happens/

Sirius_GTO

also, when i highlight over the WiFi icon, it says "Asus adapter not installed"...

i don't know what the heck I didn't install. Im sure i did everything. hehe

Archangel

VIP Member
I really want to help... i just havn't figured It out yet.. :(

If you look into the decive manager... do you see the Wifi adapter in the list there? if you do, and double click it, what message does it give (like: this hardware is working propperly, etc)

Sirius_GTO

Under the device manager the WiFi isn't listed...

under network adapters is :

1394 Net Adapter
Nvidia nForce networking controller
Nvidia nForce networking controller 2

:(

Sirius_GTO

I just noticed that when i overclocked my cpu to 2.3 ghz...

and I reinstall windows as well as everything else, drivers and utilities, I notice that it keeps the 2.3 ghz setting.

So maybe I need to clear the board? Is that called clearning the CMOS?
Maybe that is something that I need to do? hmmmm