m2n32-sli deluxe wireless mobo problems

Sirius_GTO

Yes, I have that manual. It came in the box with the MOBO.

Do you see where it says:

No hardware installation
Because the WiFi Solo wireless LAN adapter comes embedded in your ASUS motherboard, no hardware installation is needed. Just install the drivers and Utilities from the motherboard support CD and start computing wireless in no time.
(from the ASUS manual)

I did all of that and its still in error.

apj101

VIP Member
several options
1. Update bios (would try this first)
2. Contact ASUS
3. Take it back as something is not working

Diamondsleeper

There is a bios update. I don't think that is your problem though. Sounds like its possible you have a defective M.B. I looked at the Bios and didn't see the option to turn it on or off. Since I have a Wireless router/network already set up in my house I didn't need the Wi-Fi so I un-installed the drivers because it kept detecting the other wireless network in the house, throwing up a balloon. Try this. Go to My computer/properties/hardware/devicemanager. and look to see if your operating system even sees it on your motherboard. If its not there in a disabled status then you probably have a defective M.B. or its somehow disabled on the MB. I don't have my manual with me right not so I can't look at the layout of the M.B. Did you get the antenna with your M.B. and do you see where it connects to the M.B. The gold threaded connection? If not, you may not have the Wi-Fi edition M.B.
ox1410065408.jpg

pf1410065408.jpg

Last edited:

Sirius_GTO

yap i got everything in that box. Yes I do for sure have the wireless edition. I honestly believe it is a defective unit.

I'm connecting to the internet thru an ethernet cable. In the device manager the WiFi isn't listed.

I told newegg to send me a new one and in the meantime i still use this motherboard because i need it for my work. Do you think they will let me keep it?

The freakin UPS man that dropped it off was holding two boxes in two hands and dangling the smaller box by an open flap. This is what my roomate witnessed. When I got the box I wondered why it was already half opened. That was why...
sigh...

Sirius_GTO

when i take out my CPU from the motherboard, does it have a high chance of getting damaged?

this is a very inconvenient thing to go through.

EDIT

I also just realized that my sound is messed up as well. It doesn't play smoothly. It goes high low high low in out in out. Yes... defective motherboard. SIGHHHH!

Last edited:

Diamondsleeper

yap i got everything in that box. Yes I do for sure have the wireless edition. I honestly believe it is a defective unit.

I'm connecting to the internet thru an ethernet cable. In the device manager the WiFi isn't listed.

I told newegg to send me a new one and in the meantime i still use this motherboard because i need it for my work. Do you think they will let me keep it?

The freakin UPS man that dropped it off was holding two boxes in two hands and dangling the smaller box by an open flap. This is what my roomate witnessed. When I got the box I wondered why it was already half opened. That was why...
sigh...

That definately would not make me happy. I for sure would report that. That box has a tamper resistant tape circle seal I think. Somebody might have tampered with it. I would have been pissed.

Sirius_GTO

Even if the tampered resistant tape was on, it could still have been dropped. But yeah... everything works now... all of the sudden out of the blue.

I fixed the sound problem by installing an older soundmax driver. Does anyone have a clue as to why the older driver worked but not the new one that came with the support package? Thanks everyone who helped me on this long and gruesome journey hahaha. Hopefully i dont have to do an RMA. Just wished UPS people were more careful with things that don't belong to them instead of trying to save time.

Once again, thanks to a wonderful forum ;)

Diamondsleeper

One thing I did read on one of the reviews when two guys from [H]ardocp reviewed it was that one guy had trouble getting the WI-Fi driver to load while the second guy had no trouble at all. Sounds like you were the first guy. Glad to hear it snapped out of it. Check out the link if you haven't already. Look at the last page under conclusions for what I am talking about. http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTA3NCwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

Last edited: