M4n78 pro motherboard =(

dantimao

WELL first build ever well second attempt so my friend shipped his broken m2n32 deluxe back and i bought a new M4N78 PRO and i turn it on everything is perfect until i put my cd in 2 install windows vista i go into the bios and tell it to boot from cd drive and i save it then it shuts off and comes back on but nothing shows on the monitor no beep it just turns on i went on the asus forum and people say they had the same problem but they didnt say how to fix.
well heres my setup:

M4N78 pro motherboard
1.5 gb of ram
AMD Phenom X3 8650
2 hdd 320+250=570gbs
cd/dvd drive
XFX GeForce 9600 GSO 768MB PCIe w/Dual
OCZ 600W Stealth Xtreme Power Supply
linksys wifi adapter

so thats my setup please help me

Bodaggit23

Try booting with a single stick of RAM in the number 1 slot.

Try each and all of your sticks, one at a time.

dantimao

okay i think that will work better lol

when i cleared the cmos and i dont change no settings it works with one ram stick

and yes i did

Last edited:

Bodaggit23

Use the Edit button on your last post instead of double posting.

Anyway, so you get a BIOS screen with one stick of RAM or not?

Did you try each stick separately?

dantimao

when i cleared the cmos and i dont change no settings it works with one ram stick

yes i tried them one by one

i think everything works. its just when i change a setting on the bios and save it. it restarts but nothing shows on the screen

Last edited:

bomberboysk

i think everything works. its just when i change a setting on the bios and save it. it restarts but nothing shows on the screen
Check that your memory timings and voltages are set correctly in the bios.

Bodaggit23

What do you mean by "everything" works? Did you get Vista installed?

If you can, leave the BIOS stock and do the "tapping Esc" procedure to get
your OS installed.

dantimao

What do you mean by "everything" works? Did you get Vista installed?

If you can, leave the BIOS stock and do the "tapping Esc" procedure to get
your OS installed.

no i meant the bios work but it wont let me install any os :( ima try the "tapping Esc" now

...............well i tried it nothing changed after i left the bios and it said BOOTMGR is missing "press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart"

Last edited:

Bodaggit23

no i meant the bios work but it wont let me install any os :( ima try the "tapping Esc" now

...............well i tried it nothing changed after i left the bios and it said BOOTMGR is missing "press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart"

It's still trying to boot from the hard drive.

There must be one key that you keep tapping at startup to access the boot menu, so you can select to boot from USB, CDROM, or what have you.

Try some of the others I suggested above.