Mac v pc!?

loppys

Hi all, I have always used PC, but have been starting to get a interests in MAC, is there anyone that could let me know a little bit about them.
I would prefer from a person and not a company as they are only trying to sell.

What are the for and against when it comes to both of them.
Does the Mac have same or similar programs as PC have?

Thanks in advanced.

CPTMuller

What do you want to do with it?

There are similar programs, however there are more available for the PC.

This is a descision that is PURELY you, whatever people tell you HAS to be taken with a grain of salt... That being said, I am a PC fan. The advantages are open hardware, how common they are, and being a PC user you will be used to the system.

Mac's are very well made, they are fast due to the fact that all the software is optimized around the hardware you buy, and they are reliable.

The downside to pc's is that the manufacturers make cheap machines that are NOT reliable, however once you hit $600 it's a much safer market. Also, there are more security risks (though not as many as people say if you're good about safe browsing).

The downside to mac's is that you pay for EVERYTHING from their software suite to their hardware. You can't filter out their video/photo/text editing software to save a bunch, nor can you skimp on hardware (IE graphics cards in their desktops) and easily get one from a 3rd party. They are expensive, it's as simple as that.

You get what you pay for, if you go too cheap you get a cheaply made machine, but on the other hand if you don't value features in OSX, or simply don't like OSX than you will overpay by a considerable margin for the product you receive.

3uL

This issue entirely depends on how you use computer everyday. I prefer pc same reason as above. Plus pc have a wide range of games title and I can upgrade the hardware as my wish. As for security issue, 64bit windows is much much safer than 32 bit windows.

Hugh9191

It's entirely personal, you'll probably be able to do everything on the mac that you can on a PC (except gaming). Go to an Apple store or find someone you know with a mac and try one out and see if you like it or not.

aviation_man

Oh gosh. Another one of these threads :p

How much are you willing to spend and what do you want to do with it (i.e. web browsing, video editing...)?

raoul_1101

I love to work with Macs. They're fun to use and their laptops are just as capable as any PC laptop. That being said, I don't know if it's the computers or the users, but coming from a shop that sells just as many Macs as PC's, we see a lot more Mac problems (about 2/3) than anything else; both hardware and software.

cdoublejj

actually this is a very nice threads i have seen these turn in to wars.i mach isgreat for internet and email and photo video editing and very small library of games however there is a way to run windows exe type stuff on mac.

personally i'm a mix my main is a win/pc i have few linux machines and somw other windows machines and would like to toy with a nice mac laptop but, don't have the money.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Hi all, I have always used PC, but have been starting to get a interests in MAC, is there anyone that could let me know a little bit about them.
I would prefer from a person and not a company as they are only trying to sell.

What are the for and against when it comes to both of them.
Does the Mac have same or similar programs as PC have?

Thanks in advanced.

read through all of this:

http://www.computerforum.com/120762-macintosh-platform.html

/thread