MAC vs. PC or how about both?

nomav6

theres a lot of fights over mac and pc, but in everyone of the fights both sides always has something positive to say about both of them, so why dont get both of them? it cost to much to buy both a pc and a mac! well I just found this link, haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but trust me I will be soon.
http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=7085

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Interesting news. But I will never ever install MacOS on my computer. I hate Macs. And Macs hate me: every time I work on a Mac, it crashes at least once per hour.
So we are not ment for each other... :eek:

nomav6

Lorand said:
every time I work on a Mac, it crashes at least once per hour.
Probably a good Ideal that you dont use it then, because its going to be sharing half of the resources with what ever OS that your running on the pc. As for me only thing I hate about macs is the overpricing of hardware, so this will be fun to play around with.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Probably a good Ideal that you dont use it then, because its going to be sharing half of the resources with what ever OS that your running on the pc.
The only resource they'd be sharing live is the HDD space right? (ill have another read at that again)

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
The MacOS is running in emulation mode on a PC, so the emulator uses half of the processor time.
And believe me, it doesn't worth it. MacOS is much worse than Windows. Unfortunately I need to work on Macs and they really suck. I work on the same programs as in PC, but Windows is far more ergonomic than MacOS.
I have a cordless optical mouse and when the batteries are out (usually this happens after midnight :( ), I can continue my work for hours. But if you're a Mac user and the mouse stopped working then you're out of business. ;)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Ah wtf ... both OSes are running concurrently? Bad design tsk tsk! (whoever came up with that bright idea needs to take CS350 again :p)

jesbax

The best way to run mac and windows is to get a mac and a pc emulation software. The
other way is a dos card for the make. It shares everything but the cpu and memory. The dos card has them on it all ready.
100 GB Maxon HD
16x DVD-ROM
52x32x52x CD-RW
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX
NVIDIA RIVA TNT Model 64/Model 64 Pro
RAGE 128 GL AGP

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The idea is to run Mac and PC -- not Mac and Windows .... i wouldnt imagine that the setup you've described wouldnt be able to fire up linux would it? ;)

jesbax

Praetor said:
The idea is to run Mac and PC -- not Mac and Windows .... i wouldnt imagine that the setup you've described wouldnt be able to fire up linux would it? ;)

Yes linux will run on mac with out any software or hardware modifcations. Linux has all the software to run on mac without a problem. The way i found out about it was i was in college when my buddy and i up linux on old mac and then put it on a network. That was 7 years a go.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yes linux will run on mac
Note that Linux and Windows are not all the OSes for PC platforms. There are also the IX family :D Emulation is only a temporary fix ... never a complete solution course this is getting really nitty gritty :p