Mac

andy_mitch92

Why will apple not allow osx to run on anything other than an apple product? Microsoft allows their os to operate on any system that meets the hardware requirements but you cant run osx? Why not, a smart person would think that apple would sell way more copies of osx (maybe one of the reasons they don't) if its so much better than windows. Are they afraid of loosing market share on hardware?

Kill Bill

Why will apple not allow osx to run on anything other than an apple product? Microsoft allows their os to operate on any system that meets the hardware requirements but you cant run osx? Why not, a smart person would think that apple would sell way more copies of osx (maybe one of the reasons they don't) if its so much better than windows. Are they afraid of loosing market share on hardware?

haha hear of the illegal OSX86. No Apple makes it only working on their hardware is because they don't have to test thousands of BTX etc 780i Motherboards and they are restricted to drivers for their own EFI V80 Motherboards with intel x86 chipsets and graphics.

brian

VIP Member
yeah i mean idk they could make money but then you would get so many tech calls and they cant possably solve all them for different hardware

brian

VIP Member
well microsoft does not get all the calls. your computer company does (gateway, dell etc)

Emperor_nero

One of Apple's core beliefs is having all of their products runs smoothly and having a high standard of quality.

They can help ensure this by having everything proprietary, I think it's a good business policy myself. It allows for some pretty incredible products.

Kill Bill

One of Apple's core beliefs is having all of their products runs smoothly and having a high standard of quality.

They can help ensure this by having everything proprietary, I think it's a good business policy myself. It allows for some pretty incredible products.

Ditto. It's like microsoft having 20 smart phones with both diff hardware which means every thing has to be optimized for them and thats impossible same way mac only has one ultimate version rather than vista with 6 versions.
Thats why I bought a mac as I know everything inside them has been optimized for just those specs.