Makin my computer faster

sbali2299

Hi everyone, I currently have an
AMD Athalon 1800+
1.53 GHz
512 MB ram
My computer is really slow and 'lags' alot (i tell it to run a program and it takes a while to get going and load this).
Can you please tell me, what i will need to get to make this computer a fair bit faster and some websites i can look at (that send items to australia without to much postage) which will sell these.

I am not very good with computers, so if i need to supply any other information, please tell me how to get into this.

Thankyou in advance

Fure6

These things will help a little bit...

1. Go to start----> Control panel----> Sounds, Speach, ect...----> Change the sound scheme. After you have the Sound scheme box up, go down the sound list and put "(none)" in all of the boxes under 'Windows'. Then go to the programs that you do not use (like i never use MSN chat, NetMeeting, ect...) and take off all the sounds there.
The only program that you want sounds, is on the instant message programs and any other programs that you want.

2. Go to the desktop----> Right click, Properties----> Appearence----> Effects. All of the checked items are things that make your computer slower and you don't need. If you truley want your computer to be faster then you will get all the speed you can. And by checking these it will give you a small boost.

3. Go to Start----> Control Panel----> Performance and Maintenance and change stuff that you want...

Last edited:

superflysmith

First defrag your pc. start>all programs>accessories>system tools>disk defragment
secondly see if you've got spyware on your pc. Go to download.com download ad-aware or spybot. Immediately do an update. Then run the program to see if you've got spyware installed.
Hope this helps.