Making a list of computer parts for a friend. Help?

I'm making a list of good computer parts for a friend, so they can build a gaming PC. Price range isn't much of a problem.
Looking for a decent PSU, Mid Tower (with plenty of space and air coolant), and an Intel Motherboard that supports DDR4 for ram and like 4 or more SATA ports.
Is that enough info?

Laquer Head

I'm making a list of good computer parts for a friend, so they can build a gaming PC. Price range isn't much of a problem.
Looking for a decent PSU, Mid Tower (with plenty of space and air coolant), and an Intel Motherboard that supports DDR4 for ram and like 4 or more SATA ports.
Is that enough info?

Give us a budget and in the proper currency.. otherwise I'm giving you a parts list worth $15,000 usd and it wont include a monitor or a case...

Laquer Head

Okay, so before I get thoroughly annoyed... and I'm getting there...trust me..

$1500 budget in USD.

and you want an entire build pieced out?

including peripherals...or just the core build.?

Laquer Head

No...I'm just asking for couple ideas for certain parts. PSU, Case, Motherboard.
Do you understand how many different combos we could give you...literally hundreds.

If you need help your gonna have to give us more to work with than just dreaming up imaginary builds. Sorry but you've done shit like this before and its tiresome playing games.

EDIT: or do what @beers mentioned and wait for the new platforms from Intel and AMD

Sorry I don't know everything about computers...It's not like I NEED the exact one right this very second. I was just asking. It's not your job to always help me out. You usually don't anyways.
I don't need combos. I just want ideas. Something that can get me started.

Laquer Head

Sorry I don't know everything about computers...It's not like I NEED the exact one right this very second. I was just asking. It's not your job to always help me out. You usually don't anyways.
I don't need combos. I just want ideas. Something that can get me started.

I usually don't cause you are difficult for no reason.

I know its not my job to help you, if it were I'd have shot myself in the head long ago, I wanted to help you, but now I don't give a shit..sorry

Laquer Head

Actually I will help or someone will call me out on it..and we can't have that.

Since you're not in a rush..wait a bit and see what each guy (AMD and Intel) brings to table this summer.. You can always count on some discount too on the 'current' stuff.

EDIT: as for cases..go with Corsair - there are lots of great brands but Corsair is great blend of form/function and build quality.

Cisco001

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - X370 KILLER SLI/ac ATX AM4 Motherboard ($126.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($123.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: SK hynix - SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($87.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.44 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card ($389.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair - Carbide Series 300R Windowed ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($34.90 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($89.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1216.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-08 14:30 EDT-0400

The left over $285 should enough for a monitor/ speaker/ mouse/ keyboard

Darren

Staff member
Could save some cash with a B350 board too. X370's are only really necessary if you need SLI/Crossfire. That said the Killer is a solid board, as long as it doesn't brick like my first one did. :D Bad luck though.

Cisco001

Could save some cash with a B350 board too. X370's are only really necessary if you need SLI/Crossfire. That said the Killer is a solid board, as long as it doesn't brick like my first one did. :D Bad luck though.

The reason of suggesting that motherboard at that coz it was cheap at that time.
Considering that asrock include ac wifi and getting pci e wifi probably cost $30. It is kind of paying extra $10 to get good X370 from B350.