making me mad

jasonwow

be trying to get my cpu stable on 3.6 right now its on 3.5 cant get it stable temps are amazing good ildes at 32c just got done playing mw2 so kinda high. highest its get under stress test is 42c. it wont post at 3.6 either is that the hihest this cpu can go.
and also my ram is getting lower after overclocking my cpu?
and how would i go about ocing my gpu?

here are some pics
ram.jpg

oc1-1.jpg

Cams

Not sure about the processor OC I dont know muuch about AMD but for your GPU just get ATITool as it works on older Nvidia cards and all the ati stuff I believe. If that doesnt work get Rivatuner. If that doesnt work then do it the old fashioned way. I used ATITool on my Nvidia 8400gs and love the program. It is alot easier for beginners to use. Also you can OC from the GUI (windows) and never have to flash the BIOS if you dont mind letting the program run inyour taskbar.

jasonwow

auto ill go to bios and check that now
its pc6400 so is that 800 mhz?
got it up to 400 mhz now highes it will let me go is 533mhz
and about that cpu now?

Last edited:

El Gappo

It's ddr2 so 400mhz=800mhz ;) 533 is 1066.

You will need the timmings at 4-4-4-12-2t or whatever the sticks are rated at.

jasonn20

If you set your ram to 533mhz you might have to increase the voltage to 2.1to get it stable... lower your HT Link and NB back closer to stock then check to see if you can get 3.6ghz.. if not bump your vcore 1.4 or 1.45 if temps stay good.. then test again.. until you find the max cpu overclock.. then overclock the NB...