Male VGA to Male AV adapter cable

PFCPerry16

New Member
Hi. My monitor went dead not too long ago(I know it's the monitor and not the computer, tested it with other computers as well) and I want to connect it to my TV that has the Red, White & Yellow female connectors.

What can I get to do this? I don't know the name of the RWY cable that I think I'll need, but my computer DOES have a female VGA connector on it, I do know that part. Any suggestions? I'd prefer something I can get a some place like RadioShack, BestBuy, etc....
 
What kind of TV is it and how new is it? If it is an LCD it probably has a component in, which is easy to solve, as for the red white and yellow (composite video which is the yellow, the red and white are audio right and left stereo channels) its a little bit harder. You can go from VGA to DVI to Composite, it is a mac branded piece, I have never tried this tho I don't see why it wouldn't work. It sure isnt the cheapest

VGA male to DVI female

http://www.google.com/products/cata...sult&ct=image&resnum=3&sqi=2&ved=0CEYQ8gIwAg#

DVI male to composite female
http://store.apple.com/us/product/M9267G/A

6' composite cable
http://www.google.com/products/cata...og_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CH4Q8wIwAw#

Post back and let me know about the TV I can help you more then hopefully. :)
 
Keep in mind, you won't be able to use a very high resolution on this. Assuming a typical 4:3 screen, the highest resolution you can get is 640x480.

If it's a widescreen TV, I think it'll either be 720x576, 704x576, or 720x480.


If you can somehow convert to RGB cables, that will support full HD.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top