Marathon

AainaalyaA

Come to think of it, we never had a Marathon going... so, why not have one, and see how long this thread will be.

Def. of Marathon:

A village and plain of ancient Greece northeast of Athens. It was the site of a major victory over the Persians in 490 [size=-1]B.C[/size]

For this to happen... {the marathon I meant}, your post should adhere to:
  • Not monosyllabic
  • be of interest even to your grand-mum
  • funny, satrical and "intelligent"
  • .. and best of all, for each "genius" posting, you're allowed to dance the troika and plonk that image here :p
oh, for the love of .... euh.. whatever, let's parttay shall we? for tomorrow we may all be dusts beneath the feet of Saturn

later,

AA

ian

Administrator
Staff member
most people associate marathon with running, i associate it with movies, has anyone ever sat through a movie marathon at the cinema, 3 movies back to back?

4W4K3

VIP Member
my friends watch a movie for every letter of the alphabet...takes a long time but its fun as long as the movies good. i never done it (i can barely watch TV for more than an hour unless its a REALLY good show) but they say its fun.

AainaalyaA

like you i can't watch a 3 movies in a row, unless they're all sequels to each other - if its that long, it can only be a bollywood production, and since I don't watch urdu/hindi films, then i'm pretty safe... i do have a short attention span, so i need to get really occupied with things, else i'd be bored to smittherins'...

gees Ian.. 3 movies in a row... btw, have you seen "Goodbye Lenin" ?
Z... have you seen that?

apparently it won sev. awards, and yup, would like to get my hands on something german for a change :)

later,

AA

nomav6

I have a movie Marathon every weekend, they're not aways sequels, I'll do something like a kubrick marathon, or something along those lines, but they will always have a theme :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldnt mind seeing the Lord of the Rings on the big screen, all three back to back, but I think I have missed my only opportunity to see that... :(
gees Ian.. 3 movies in a row... btw, have you seen "Goodbye Lenin" ?
nope I havent seen it.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
my friends watch a movie for every letter of the alphabet...takes a long time but its fun as long as the movies good. I never done it (i can barely watch TV for more than an hour unless its a REALLY good show) but they say its fun.
Can you play games for 20 hours straight? :D Heehee

nomav6

20 hours straight gaming!!!! dont know if I could, but I would have fun trying, my big gaming nights are the day that the newest tonyhawk game comes out, I put in the game and beat it within about 2 hours, then I go back through and get every little thing in the game taking about 3 more hours, then I spend about 5 hours just playing around on all of the diff. parks :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
Can you play games for 20 hours straight? :D Heehee

no i go to LAN's but max play time was probably 11 hrs. and i got really bored. im not much of a gamer anymore...best game i have now is T3. and i play it like once a month lol.

AainaalyaA

I don't mind gaming online or offline for aeons - I did it once for a week, and finally WON! but during that crucial moment when you'd have to take a leak, i had the pc running - it was awesome then, but I'd never waste so much time playing a game that long, unless its foreplay ;)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
20 hours straight gaming!!!! dont know if I could, but I would have fun trying
20hrs is taking it light :p

20 hours straight gaming!!!! dont know if I could, but I would have fun trying
Who said anythign about LAN party? :p Heeheee

nomav6

dont really know if I'm messing up the flow of the marathon by going back to the movies thing, but I was thinking of doing a computer theme this weekend, going to start out with the worst and work up to the best.
1 - hackers
2 - swordfish
3 - sneakers
4 - wargames
anyone think of any other good computer movies that I should add to my collection?

Grimulus

Thoughts to live by:
Don't get caught up in Cliches like the Plauge, be more or less specific, and an exaggerattion is a billion times worse than an understatement.

AainaalyaA

Okay... enjoy!

• Antitrust - 2001
  • Enemy of the State - 1998
  • Johnny Mnemonic - 1995
  • The Lawnmower man - 1992
  • Simone - 2002
  • Strange Days - 1995
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey - 1968
  • You've Got Mail - 1998
:cool:

nomav6 said:
dont really know if I'm messing up the flow of the marathon by going back to the movies thing, but I was thinking of doing a computer theme this weekend, going to start out with the worst and work up to the best.
1 - hackers
2 - swordfish
3 - sneakers
4 - wargames
anyone think of any other good computer movies that I should add to my collection?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Hoe could I have left out 2001:A Space Odyssey.
Oh Strange Days was pretty good too.
Simone, only saw that a few days ago, I like any movie with Al Pacino in it, wasnt too bad, wasnt really good either.

pipit

How about more than 24 hours playing bridge......*yummy* and then after that playing bilyard(but ussually I only play it less than 5 hours....rather expensive).....but, last time i do that is 6 months ago, ^miss that days :( ^
(too bad online bridge game is blocked in lab...:( )