max safe voltage for everyday use on 965

mimic58

Hi all, Does anyone know what is a safe voltage for sustained everyday use on a C3 965 , is 1.5 asking to much?

NCspecV81

banned
well if you are on aftermarket air it should be right around 1.55v. However, keep in mind that a lot of the time increasing volts to hit a certain unstable clock isn't always the answer on phenom II's. Actually, that's always been the case with any processor. It's just that the phenom II's are more emphasized on this due to the touchiness of the processors and heat.

mimic58

well if you are on aftermarket air it should be right around 1.55v. However, keep in mind that a lot of the time increasing volts to hit a certain unstable clock isn't always the answer on phenom II's. Actually, that's always been the case with any processor. It's just that the phenom II's are more emphasized on this due to the touchiness of the processors and heat.

im running a cooler master V8 , With AS5 .. Fan set to max

I'd like to run 17.5 x 230 @ 1.525

Does this sound about right?

Leopold Butters

I've had mine all the way to to 1.6volts with no problems. I still can't hit 4Ghz yet tho!!! It's driving me nuts. Wish I had the new 965 C3. Oh well, I'll keep trying

jasonn20

im running a cooler master V8 , With AS5 .. Fan set to max

I'd like to run 17.5 x 230 @ 1.525

Does this sound about right?

You will have to try different combos 20multi with 1.5vcore is stable for me... also 20.5multi, 205clock, and 1.575vcore for 4.2ghz.. I am almost stable at 4.3ghz but I can not keep temp down with air cooling.... less than 60*C

mimic58

3.9 is the wall for me my ddr600 just Will not let me get past that point

The voltage reading is a lie the settings in bios are 1.4625v not 1.4v

NewBitmapImage2.jpg

NewBitmapImage3.jpg

NewBitmapImage-1.jpg

This is a 965 C3 , Revision 3 CACAC AC 0952

Last edited:

mimic58

I've had mine all the way to to 1.6volts with no problems. I still can't hit 4Ghz yet tho!!! It's driving me nuts. Wish I had the new 965 C3. Oh well, I'll keep trying

I managed to get 3.999 at 1.5 But it just Would not give me that last point :mad: beleive me i feel your frustation but im pritty sure whats limiting me is my memory, I Think once i upgrade it i should be able to pull it off what speed ddr are you running?

Last edited:

Leopold Butters

I have it set to 1333 but my sticks are 1600. I have been trying so many combinations to try to get 4.0 but nothing works. As of now I have made it to the 5th of 12 tests in prime95 by having my voltage at 1.57 and 20x200. But it won't get any farther. I have tried changing my NB and HT and ram yada yada yada. Stupid cpu.

jasonn20

I have it set to 1333 but my sticks are 1600. I have been trying so many combinations to try to get 4.0 but nothing works. As of now I have made it to the 5th of 12 tests in prime95 by having my voltage at 1.57 and 20x200. But it won't get any farther. I have tried changing my NB and HT and ram yada yada yada. Stupid cpu.

You have the c2 965 right.. ?? I think 3.9 is the max on the c2..

mimic58

Damn this new Nvidia driver SUCKS!! , When i installed it i lost the ability to overclock my video cards , and as if that wasnt bad enough it also reduced my non clocked speed by 25% !! :mad:

So i removed it an reverted back to my orginal driver but now i cant play need for speed shift

This sli business is a pain in the ****

El Gappo

Amd's recommended max is 1.55 but the vast majority of chips wont benefit from much over 1.5v. Unlike this one
965336.png
:p Have a good fiddle around from 1.4 up top 1.55 and find where you can get the highest clocks ;)