Maximum Air Temperature

Hey, guys.

For an HP tower with an AM3 socket and a setup pictured below, what's the maximum tolerable surrounding air temperature before it the fans are unable to keep the cpu at a safe operating temperature? For example, would it be safe to run the tower on a hot, 90° summer day?

KGrHqVHJDEE7y3tkQ1BPeiL0RH60_12.jpg

KGrHqJocE63lLnBO0-193H60_3.jpg

Any info is greated appreciated.

claptonman

90° f is 32° c. Once it gets around 55-60c, I'd start to worry. Just run it and have a temp program open. If it does get really, really hot, the computer will shut itself off without damage.

MMM

90° f is 32° c. Once it gets around 55-60c, I'd start to worry. Just run it and have a temp program open. If it does get really, really hot, the computer will shut itself off without damage.

You be most surprised how resilient computers can be, where I work which is the metal industry, the Meltshop where they use the furnace can be quite extremely hot reaching those figures you mentioned and they have a few computers which are exposed to these heat conditions and work efficiently.

Matter of fact around the plant they have PC's in some areas exposed to dreadful conditions.