McAfee Total Protection

Aengus

Dowloaded this recently and to install it it requires downloading installation files. As I only have dial-up internet this take a long time and often the internet disconnects which means it has to start again. Does anyone know if the files can be downloaded to a seperate computer then copied over using a disk.

If this is not possible could I use a wireless laptop to allow the computer to have wireless internet, like a dongle.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Angus :)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do 1 of 2 things preferrably the second option.

1. Take the system somewhere that has high speed internet and download it there or

2. Forget about mcafee and buy something better. There are also free alternatives to paid antivirus programs. Avast and Microsoft Security Essentials are top free programs to use.

Aengus

Thanks John.

I was thinking of doing that but my computer dosen't have a wireless internet connection and where I live there is no broadband. That's why I was asking about using a wirless laptop. I should be able to get a dongle though and use that.

Thanks again.

alexr1090

Dowloaded this recently and to install it it requires downloading installation files. As I only have dial-up internet this take a long time and often the internet disconnects which means it has to start again. Does anyone know if the files can be downloaded to a seperate computer then copied over using a disk.

If this is not possible could I use a wireless laptop to allow the computer to have wireless internet, like a dongle.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Angus :)

Do 1 of 2 things preferrably the second option.

1. Take the system somewhere that has high speed internet and download it there or

2. Forget about mcafee and buy something better. There are also free alternatives to paid antivirus programs. Avast and Microsoft Security Essentials are top free programs to use.

In addition to johnb35's recommendations you could also try using a program that allows you to start and resume downloads. Here is one that seems pretty good : getbot. I think firefox allows you to do this as well, just click the pause button and click the play button whenever you want to continue downloading :D

okapixel

i would stay away from McAfee, download microsoft security essentials, you cant go wrong. Mcafee bottle necks your system. hope that helps