Mean People

fortyways

banned
Fortyways, do you like to walk all over everyone's parade? do you have some sort of issues with people under the age of 18?

Parade? I see a kid making an idiot of himself on YouTube and being ridiculed for it while other children are encouraging him to "keep it up."

Where's the parade?

fortyways

banned
issues with people under the age of 18?

Even people who are 18...

Here's where your "he's picking on me because of my age!" rationalization falls to pieces. I don't have a problem with people under 18, I have a problem with stupid people. It just so happens that a good deal of stupid people are under the age of 18.

If you want me to stop correcting you, stop saying stupid things.

edit: For the sake of avoiding another off-topic rebuttal, I'd like to reiterate (again) that I don't care about his (the OP's) toy, and the price of it has nothing to do with me "walking on [his] parade." If anything, I feel sorry for him and have gained deeper admiration for my own parents for raising me properly.

My sole argument is that his videos are at best a waste of space and at worst a painfully ridiculous mockery of himself.

Last edited:

Langers2k7

Here's where your "he's picking on me because of my age!" rationalization falls to pieces. I don't have a problem with people under 18, I have a problem with stupid people. It just so happens that a good deal of stupid people are under the age of 18.

He don't pick on me :D

That makes me smart :p

Guhaha

hermeslyre

VIP Member
He don't pick on me :D

That makes me smart :p

That only makes your opinion similar to his. :p

fourtyways said:
this simply is not reality. What you are doing is pointless and stupid, and you will regret it when you are older.

I find this to be a really weird statement. Accusing a child of doing something pointless and stupid. Isn't that most of what they do, AKA a reality? How can a child regret acting like a child when he's an adult? He can be embarrassed by some of the things he's done, but regretting them requires an altogether ignorant position. He'll learn from this shit either way, and if he doesn't, regret that.

You aren't correcting anyone, merely reinforcing your own position.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
My sole argument is that his videos are at best a waste of space and at worst a painfully ridiculous mockery of himself.

Society would be a totally different without "you". I have one of "you" in my family, i absolutely ****in hate her, but that's beside the point, I'm sure you'd two would get joyfully along.

Well that's beside the point as well, there cannot be a fitting argument without a counter-weight. So thank you for being such an effective one. :D

fortyways

banned
That only makes your opinion similar to his. :p

He's rational and acts like an adult. Notice that I'm not belittling you, even though you clearly disagree with me.

I find this to be a really weird statement. Accusing a child of doing something pointless and stupid. Isn't that most of what they do, AKA a reality? How can a child regret acting like a child when he's an adult? He can be embarrassed by some of the things he's done, but regretting them requires an altogether ignorant position. He'll learn from this shit either way, and if he doesn't, regret that.

Main difference being that he's broadcasting videos of his twelve-year-old self on the Internet.

You aren't correcting anyone, merely reinforcing your own position.

This is true if I'm engaged in an actual argument with someone (like now). When Interested comes along and proclaims that I am "walking on people's parades," he gets corrected.

Society would be a totally different without "you". I have one of "you" in my family, i absolutely ****in hate her, but that's beside the point, I'm sure you'd two would get joyfully along.

Well that's beside the point as well, there cannot be a fitting argument without a counter-weight. So thank you for being such an effective one. :D

Okay.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Main difference being that he's broadcasting videos of his twelve-year-old self on the Internet.

Ubiquitous is the internet these days. Youtube is a social norm. I wouldn't consider his behavior a differentiation as much a "natural" development. Making a fool of oneself is a primary to growth in my eyes, We can't keep kids doing it solely the old-fashioned way. Only difference is the scale.

I think we agree on all points but the handling, and that's purely preference and comfort level anyway.