media center problems with tv please help!!

isaacual69

hello all, i have media center edition and i had my ati all in wonder 9600 series working through media center. after i installed the rest of my programs i ran system machanic pro 6 and v com fix it utilities pro 6, both reg cleaners and junk file cleaners, as well as ccleaner, to get any errors fixed. i rebooted and when i open media center, and click on live tv, it tells me that there is no tuner hardware available, or my driver is not installed. i then go to devise manager and there is nothing there that has a problem. can anyone help me out, i didnt save any restore points, and in fact have them turned off completly with in windows, and both reg cleaners. when i put in the xp cd for recovery console, it asks for admin password, but i dont have one, and i dont know what to put in for the password. will i need to reinstal windows and start from scratch, and if so what would be some advice as far as using the software that i mentioned above. im a freak about keeping my system running as good as possible, and for the most part have never ran into any problems when using just windows xp pro. but now that im using media center edition im beginning to run into some problems with these reg/junk cleaners...if anyone can help i would really appreciate it

PC eye

banned
Generally CCleaner and something like RegCleaner would have no effect on device drivers. What you can try there is the add new hardware wizard to select the manual option of selecting the type of device from a list and browse to the disk or folder where the drivers are located. Windows would then copy and install them again in order to refresh them. It sounds like something made the driver(s) inactive.