Media Players

Which is best?

• Total voters

Hugh9191

iTunes seems to work nicely for me. I don't think I'd use it if I didn't have an iPod though as I like my media player syncing with my MP3.

iTunes is my favourite player out of all the ones I've tried and I've tried a fair few.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like VLC and use it the most,It not exactly like WMP or itunes though that lists your music.

well i dont think it does,I have all my music on an External drive :)

Concordedly

I've only used Winamp from way back in the day when it was just first getting known/big. So maybe a re-visit should be in order. I'll also check into VLC, but my video library isn't nearly as large as my music library. I just love the interface of WMP..it's just so damn laggy.

Concordedly

Does VLC have a audio interface for music too? I hate having two programs that do the same thing but for different formats. Sounds like VLC is the way to go for video though. I'm currently using DivX but it is somewhat slow-to-load too.

chibicitiberiu

Does VLC have a audio interface for music too? I hate having two programs that do the same thing but for different formats. Sounds like VLC is the way to go for video though. I'm currently using DivX but it is somewhat slow-to-load too.

Yes, you can play music as well with VLC, I usually use it when I want to play like 1 or 2 songs without deleting my playlist in winamp. But it doesn't have a library to organize all the music.

Twist86

Winamp.

Cheap...easy...doesn't require DRM. Any player that forces DRM I refuse to help grow...soon you will be charged 1 cent a year per DRM song to keep it "updated" if you let them have their way.

WMP is good too but I don't like the window so big for music then change it back for movies etc...its annoying.

tlarkin

VIP Member
WMP sucks a big one, and I hate the DRM

iTunes is more than a media player it is also a database application, but it is clunky

Winamp is nice but they are starting to become annoying

VLC is by far the best, eats up the least resources, plays every format, but it's UI sucks.

For a while I was messing around with Songbird but it crashed all the time. That was back when it was in beta.

I would have to say VLC is probably my favorite, but I use WinAmp and iTunes for muisc (depending if I am on my Mac or PC).

/\E

VLC. I did like Media Player Classic, but its name got changed and now it's crappy.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
iTunes is about the only media player that does not freeze on me. WMP, WinAmp, MusicMatch all freeze or go real slow. And I have an iPod so only having to update one list is great. I even have all the genres filled in correctly and smart playlists for each!