Media Storage

JoeBloggs

I have a number of football matches, programs and photographs which our club wish to archieve. What would be the best setup to catalogue and store them digitally so we can preserve them for the future?

TechRookie

ok im posting to see if what i suggest is deemed popular by the more senior members of the forum! i would say it depends on how much you want to archive. im guessing that the videos wont be small files, so i would suggest a large hard drive set up with RAID1. that way, your files are kept on a hard drive, and backed up too! depending on how you have to store, you yourself can determine the size of the drive you need.

JoeBloggs

media

the problem is i need to keep costs down but to be future proof as well. chances are every week or two id be addin 80mins of video and a few photos and also trying to digitise some old stuff as well. also are there any good software apps that might help keep track of everything?

TechRookie

i dont know about the software apps, but if you are storing 80 mins of video footage every week, there is going to come a point in the near future where a lot of storage space will be neccessary. there is software that can reduce filesizes (like winzip, winrar etc) but i cant recommend any as i dont use any. maybe someone else can help there? you can keep costs down, a couple of 500gb hard drives are not going to set you back much.