Medical school laptop

tlarkin

VIP Member
Why are we arguing about the iPad? That's not even a computer, much less a Mac.

I am simply pointing out you aren't aware of what is going on in the medical field with technology. I brought up the iPad to show the shift, and that Apple has a place in any environment. A netbook would not compare given the intuitive application of an iPad. I don't think the iPad is for me, nor do I think I have the need to use one. However, I can see it would be very useful in hospitals and doctor's offices.

I also debunked your hardware theory since in that same article you posted the link of flash encoding, the lower spec mac did audio encoding faster than a higher spec hardware PC. This is due to the OS and how it handles resources.

I don't even know why I bother explaining stuff like this in threads like this, because even if I provide people like you with facts you still like to just argue them.

Drenlin

I am simply pointing out you aren't aware of what is going on in the medical field with technology. I brought up the iPad to show the shift, and that Apple has a place in any environment. A netbook would not compare given the intuitive application of an iPad. I don't think the iPad is for me, nor do I think I have the need to use one. However, I can see it would be very useful in hospitals and doctor's offices.
That was knero, not me.

I also debunked your hardware theory since in that same article you posted the link of flash encoding, the lower spec mac did audio encoding faster than a higher spec hardware PC. This is due to the OS and how it handles resources.
:confused:

Where did I post an article?

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
That was knero, not me

:confused:

Where did I post an article?

You posted a single benchmark photo by a windows developer about graphics performance. I googled the pic to find the article containing the benchmark. I read the full article, and OS X beat Windows 7 in every aspect, but encoding flash - your video benchmark.

knero

You posted a single benchmark photo by a windows developer about graphics performance. I googled the pic to find the article containing the benchmark. I read the full article, and OS X beat Windows 7 in every aspect, but encoding flash - your video benchmark.

Ok, Dr. Apple.. I don't know about Kansas City, but here in New York City windows has been and continues to be the software that medical offices use. Everyone on this forum knows you love Apple. Give it a break dude you already have enough posts.:rolleyes:

Ethan3.14159

Ok, Dr. Apple.. I don't know about Kansas City, but here in New York City windows has been and continues to be the software that medical offices use. Everyone on this forum knows you love Apple. Give it a break dude you already have enough posts.:rolleyes:
Who the **** are you?

Sure thing, maybe they can listen to their music while researching for a cure for cancer without flash.

Oh wait, that's right, no multi-tasking.
Have you ever even used an iPhone or an iPod Touch? Music can be running in the background while using Safari or other apps. Just FYI, maybe next time you can do some research before making stupid posts.

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member

There is no doubt, that in fact Windows has a larger market share than any other OS out there. That is indeed a fact. Not disputing that. I am simply bringing up a few other facts. Apple is increasing it's market share at a high rate, and there are developers making medical specific apps for Apple products. Plus a Mac can run windows, so it can really run more software than any other computer out there.

Medical offices use Terminal Services and virtualization mostly, so the client could be all different kinds of things, and on the back end they could be using things like Windows Server, Citrix, or Unix. Apple's US market share is about 21% now, meaning 1 out of every 5 computers in the USA is a Mac. Globally, Apple has around a 7% market share, which is a lot lower.

However, times are changing, and the whole London Stock Exchange just ditched all their windows servers and clients for Linux. Which opens up also for them to Use Macs, since Macs are a *nix based system.

21% US market share ain't too shabby.