MegaUpload taken down

lucasbytegenius

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Oh and BTW the feds took down MegaUpload. This SOPA/PIPA thing is starting early.
Never used them much anyway, I hated waiting 40 seconds.

Last edited:

M1kkelZR

omfg really? MU was my favo upload/download site and now its.... gone?
i... am going to have a nervous breakdown

claptonman

Sucks so much. I used to back up so many things there when I didn't have access to a flash drive. 1GB of space, and it was so fast, no wait time between them. I could backup an entire computer there.

OvenMaster

VIP Member
Oh and BTW the feds took down MegaUpload. This SOPA/PIPA thing is starting early.

Amazing, since SOPA/PIPA do not yet have the force of law.
Or maybe Uncle Sam used copyright enforcement powers that they already have at their disposal... which renders SOPA/PIPA unnecessary.

cabinfever1977

Theres thousands of sites just like megaupload, theres much better sites out there and they can't shut them all down or the world would end,ok maybe not,lol, but lets see what happens if they try.

lucasbytegenius

Theres thousands of sites just like megaupload, theres much better sites out there and they can't shut them all down or the world would end,ok maybe not,lol, but lets see what happens if they try.

I don't want to see what happens if they try.
Everybody will move to torrents, just sending more traffic to the Bay and not fixing much.

Danda

Better not take down my 2nd favorite site! Mediafire is great too.

Err... Actually 15 other Filesharing sites are going under investigation. MediaFire are going to testify in the next 90 days and is going to cooperate with the FBI.

Ill share the source of this information when I find that link again. Congress is really pushing for internet censorship. As it is ACTA is much more deadly than SOPA and will be signed sooner if not made aware. Also this is a treaty and many other nations has signed to it. Other countries have not signed it yet, but Japan, USA, Australia, UK, and some other nations have agreed to it. Look it up, you will be scared senseless.

Last edited: