Memebers

pcmagic

On My Forum I keep getting these weird members, Seems to me that there bots or something!

Example
Contact Dallas Grimes

Weird Websites all the time, All i can do is watch for them, Delete and ban there email address but its annoying me very much!

Any help would be appreciated!

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
That link is a 404 page, but what you can do is runa whois search on the IP's, grab the ISP data off it and then report the user as spamming/illegal stuff, whatever...

I take it they are all from different IP's, if not then ban the entire IP range.

Also, i know this is a bit drastic, but you could close your forum to any new subscriptions, the bots get the message after a whle and go away.

dragon

Arm_Pit

banned
You can't report someone to there ISP for illegal stuff..unless..well they are doing illegal stuff, spamming a forum isn't going to cut it for them to take action, unless its some serious harrasment and death threats.

Almost all forums now have a CAPTCHA mod avialible, I suggest installing it(if its avaible, what software are you using for a forum?), These bots apper in most types of forums, PHPbb being the most common.

Last edited: