memory Infected

camel lips

I have a toshiba laptop that the memory is infected.

Ive put a new hard drive in and re-installed the OS and still getting a virus that tells me that my computer is infected and need to purchase blah blah blah to get it it cleaned up.

Anyway to clear the memory or do I just need to put some new memory in and be done with it??/

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
RAM is volatile memory and is cleared every time the computer is turned off, so that isn't possible.

How was it when you first reinstalled the OS? Are you sure you formatted the drive? Did you go online without any anti-virus software installed?

camel lips

RAM is volatile memory and is cleared every time the computer is turned off, so that isn't possible.

How was it when you first reinstalled the OS? Are you sure you formatted the drive? Did you go online without any anti-virus software installed?

New HD.
yes I formatted it.

No,,I insalled AVAST right away as soon as it was done loading windows
The disk I used was a brand new one from Toshiba. I had to order it.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
There is no way for your memory to be infected. It's just not possible has voyagerfan as mentioned the memory gets cleared at every shutdown. Please scan your system for malware using malwarebytes and post its log along with a hijackthis log. It only takes like 30 seconds of being online without a firewall active to get infected.