Memory Not Recognized

run4it

I just built my new system (shown in signature) and i'm having problems getting windows to recognize all the memory.

The motherboard first turned my memory clock speed down to 1066 MHz so a simple BIOS tweak put it up where the memory is rated to be at. But, when i did this windows was no longer able to use 2 GB of the memory. It says 6 GB (4 GB useable). Before the BIOS tweak it could use all 6 GB. Does anyone have any clue why this is happening?

run4it

Well first i updated the bios to the newest version. then i changed the multiplier to 12 so that its running at 1600 MHz instead of the 1033 that it defaulted to. I also changed the timings to 7-7-7-20 since my memory was advertised as being able to run at those speeds

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I'm guessing it's the update that caused the problem. What bios revision did you install?

run4it

the newest one available on the website. its called F5. The same problem happened before the BIOS update when i still had the F1 BIOS. The BIOS update was my first attempt to fix the problem. all 6 GB are available at lower speeds, just not once i turn it up to 1600 MHz.