Hey all... I'm having an issue that I don't understand. Maybe someone can shed some light on it.
This is my second build. I'm running an i7-920 on an EVGA X58 SLI Mobo.
I've partitioned my hard drive and have both 32 and 64 bit versions of Win7 installed (I use the 32 bit for pro-audio since that world is slow to adapt to the newest technologies).
My issue is with memory addressing. I know that my 32bit OS will not address my full 6 GB like my 64 OS does. However, it is only addressing 1.99 as being "usable". I thought the figure should be closer to 3.2 or 3.5 or something like that.
I should mention that I have a modest OC to 3.2 GHz, and reduced the RAM speed so that it's a little slower than it's 1600 rating. Would that affect the addressing of the memory? Could it be a driver issue? Am I off my rocker?
Any insight would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Lem
This is my second build. I'm running an i7-920 on an EVGA X58 SLI Mobo.
I've partitioned my hard drive and have both 32 and 64 bit versions of Win7 installed (I use the 32 bit for pro-audio since that world is slow to adapt to the newest technologies).
My issue is with memory addressing. I know that my 32bit OS will not address my full 6 GB like my 64 OS does. However, it is only addressing 1.99 as being "usable". I thought the figure should be closer to 3.2 or 3.5 or something like that.
I should mention that I have a modest OC to 3.2 GHz, and reduced the RAM speed so that it's a little slower than it's 1600 rating. Would that affect the addressing of the memory? Could it be a driver issue? Am I off my rocker?
Any insight would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Lem