message source in Thunderbird

tremmor

I will explain the best i can. Last night i received a email from a family member why did you send this link to me. Read it with a link and instantly Kaspersky internet Security pops up and says 'infected'. the link i clicked on wanted to install something and scan. instantly i exit. i scanned and found nothing. On the other note i did not send to one member of family, my wife and one friend. I tried to trace back looking at the message source in thunderbird. i used to know how but forgot how to interpret the source of where it come from. Did not come me. I could post my log but my question is how to interpret. I forgot.

I did trace someone about 10 yrs ago with comcast. used a email bomber and sent him about 500 of his emails every day that was his.
said your off my list now. STOP.

im rusty now. i forgot. ......
tremmor

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It used to be only yahoo and hotmail accounts the users password was hacked and they accessed the account and sent out spam emails to their contacts. I was just notified this morning that its now being done to comcast accounts. Change your password and the spam emails will stop.

tremmor

Ok i will give it a try. It does urk me though. Im not sure if thats the problem though. Its AT&T Uverse. Also when i email i always blind copy also.

Broni

VIP Member
If you don't have a copy of that email in your "Sent" folder, most likely, that email has been send from another infected computer, which has your address in their address book.